• FlexAmerican Rules

10 90.91%
  • Mayhem Rules

1 9.09%

Thread: Unscripted 2019: Flex Mussel vs Vega

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unscripted 2019: Flex Mussel vs Vega

Deadline is Tuesday, May 14th, 11:59 PM EST. Poles will stay open as close to the deadline as possible.

Extensions will be handled on a case by case basis in private.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    â??I just want to stand in the light with you.â? -Alexis

24 Hours Before Unscripted

The distant voices of the WZCW ring crew gently echo throughout the Alamodome. With only a select number of lights being used on the main floor on the entrance stage and around the ring, the lower area gently illuminates the rest of the arena ever so slightly. There is a point along the sea of empty seats where the delicate lights weaken and can no longer outshine the darkness. It is here, just beyond the reach of the light, that Vega sits in silence as he watches the battleground for â??Unscriptedâ? come to life before his very eyes. He reaches into his pocket, a reaction to the vibrating alert he felt from his phone. Unlocking it provides a small glowing light brightening up Vegaâ??s face.

Where are you?

Section 215, Row F, Seat 21

He puts the phone back in his pocket and continues watching the scene with serenity in his eyes and a smile on his face. The reverberating sounds of drills drilling and hammers hammering his hunting ground for tomorrow night please his him like perfectly arranged musical notes falling upon a virtuosoâ??s ear. Vega seems lost in the moment as time passes by. He canâ??t be certain of how much, he isnâ??t paying any mind to time.

From the shadows just over his shoulder, a slender figure slowly steps towards the edge of where the light reaches. Vega looks over, and with just enough of the light making it to her face, can see someone he hasnâ??t seen in months. With a smile on his face, Vega breaks the silence.

Vega: My old partner in crime.

Through the weakened darkness, a smile comes across this shadowy figures face.

???: I love how thatâ??s a literal sentence.

A single silent half stifled laugh escapes Vega. Heâ??s always loved her wit. The warn tone in his voice sounds welcoming.

Vega: Hi, Alexis.

Hearing his voice say her name brings a calming sense of familiarity to her she hasnâ??t felt in a long time. Through her smile, she replies.

Alexis: Hi, Will.

Vega motions towards a seat next to him with his arm, inviting her to sit. Alexis walks along the row of seats until she reaches Vega and joins him. The two of them stare forward, towards the early stages of a ring being set up in the distance. Alexis leans forward and takes a deep breath in, and holds it for a moment, as if she were trying to absorb everything around her as much as possible. She exhales, unable to rid her face of her smile even if she tried. Vega sees it, and studies it for a second or two before speaking up.

Vega: You miss it, donâ??t you?

Alexis doesnâ??t stop looking at the ring. Her smile, although still present, seems less genuine than before. She replies without looking towards Vega.

Alexis: I miss a lot of things.

Vega simply nods as Alexis leans back on her chair to match his position.

Alexis: I remember when finding you was an impossibility. Like chasing a ghost. And now, all I have to do is text you and...

Alexis looks over towards Vega, somewhat in disbelief. He shrugs somewhat innocently.

Vega: ...here I am.

She nods, almost as if it took her this long to feel sure of something so simple.

Alexis: Here you are.

Curiosity takes over Vega as his eyes grow inquisitive.

Vega: We know why Iâ??m here.

He looks over towards the ring as it continues coming together.

Vega: But what about you?

He looks back towards Alexis.

Vega: Why are you here?

She takes a moment to gather her thoughts, looking down, afraid that looking into Vegaâ??s eyes will cause her to lose her train of thought.

Alexis: You used to tell me that people didnâ??t change.

Vega: I used to tell you a lot of things.

Alexis: And none of them were lies. Youâ??ve never lied to me. Youâ??ve lied to everybody else on this planet, but never to me. But just because you never lied, doesnâ??t mean you were never wrong.

She looks towards Vega with the slightest look of confidence in her eyes.

Alexis: Iâ??ve been watching you, Will. The whole world has. Because for once in your life, youâ??re letting them. Youâ??re not living in the shadows anymore. You never lied, but you were wrong... because youâ??ve changed.

Vegaâ??s sits in silence as he struggles to respond. Images of the past cycle start flashing through his mind, bringing a look of doubt to his eyes.

Vega: Isnâ??t that the problem?

Alexis seems to visibly disagree.

Alexis: Why do you say that?

Vega: Itâ??s like you said, Alexis. You, and the entire world, can see it. Iâ??m not the same anymore.

Alexis: Thatâ??s a good thing.

Vega: Is it? I was a hunter in a zoo before, surrounded by animals that thought they were dangerous because the scared the people across the barriers. I came around and hunted down prey after prey after prey. Now? Iâ??m no killer anymore, and Flex knows it.

Alexis: I think Flex knows something that you donâ??t.

Vega: And that is?

Alexis: That this version of Vega is more dangerous than the old one. Itâ??s why he hasnâ??t attached you directly a single time these past couple of rounds. Parking lots, backstage, after matches. The one time you looked him in the eyes, he backed away and left Keith Kole to die. And instead of pulling the trigger, you showed mercy. There is more strength in mercy than there is in killing. Flex knows this. Your fatal flaw right now is this belief that this newfound light youâ??ve started to let shine is somehow your weakness. Itâ??s not. Itâ??s your greatest strength. The sooner you learn this truth, the better.

Vega looks down, letting Alexisâ?? words sink into the deepest parts of his mind, allowing them to infect his thoughts.

Vega: Last round, at Ascension, after I showed Keith Kole mercy and didnâ??t pull the trigger on the Kill Shot... I got on the mic and told Flex that I would unleash the old Vega tomorrow night in a Mayhem Rules match.

Vega suddenly laughs to himself with a guilty smile.

Vega: Wanna know something?

Alexis smiles curiously.

Alexis: Always.

Vega: Last night I logged onto WZCW.com to vote for the stipulation for my match tomorrow.

He smiles as he confesses.

Vega: I voted for FlexAmerican Rules.

Vega canâ??t help but laugh to himself a bit more.

Vega: I donâ??t even know what that means. Iâ??m not sure if anybody does, but itâ??s winning...

A calm smile comes across his face.

Vega: ...and Iâ??m glad that it is.

Alexis: Why is that?

Vega shakes his head in some sort of disbelief.

Vega: Flex Mussel...

Saying his full name seems to bother Vega.

Vega: Heâ??s everything I never want to be. He chose me because he views me as the person in this company most capable to sink to his level. Most capable of embracing the darkness and play a sick game with him. This is why Flex thought when he placed his target square on my back. Flex wanted me to change back to the old Vega, for no other reason than to say he hunted him down. He wanted to build my name up to a past glory so that it would mean something when he mounted my head up on his wall. Flex did everything possible through this last round to change me back. To try and prove that this new me was a facade. He failed.

Vega looks over towards Alexis with a calm and confident gaze.

Vega: Thatâ??s what this entire round has been about. The old Vega would have decapitated Keith Kole with the Kill Shot and proudly held his head up for Flex to see. The new me? The new me is content with knowing that he can. Whatever FlexAmerican Rules are, Iâ??m in. Iâ??m done unleashing mayhem on people. There are better parts of me to unleash. Flex wanted to expose me this cycle, but he found out there is nothing left for me to expose. The world knows my flaws. The world is aware that I used to live in the shadows, and they are all watching as I step into the light. Tomorrow night, itâ??s Flex that will be exposed. The world will find out that Flex is no predator. He has always been the prey. Tomorrow night, I prove that... in his own game.

Vega doesnâ??t seem happy anymore. Instead, his eyes are as focused and determined as theyâ??ve been all night as he started towards the ring. Alexis sees this, and remains silent as he envisions what will take place in this arena 24 hours from now. She looks towards the ring with him. Just then, Vega looks over towards her with a sudden realization.

Vega: You never answered my question.

Alexis looks back towards Vega.

Alexis: What question was that?

Vega: Why are you here?

Alexis smiles, and looks back towards the ring.

Alexis: I see you, standing in the light. It looks good on you. I just want to stand in the light with you.

A stern look comes across Vegaâ??s face as he studies Alexis. She looks back with vulnerability in her eyes. Vega stands up, and walks away, down the row of seats. He turns around and looks back towards Alexis. Silently, he reaches out with his hand. The gesture brings a smile to Alexisâ?? face as she stands and proceeds along the row as well. She reaches out as she nears Vega, who grabs her gently by the hand. Together, they walk down the steps of the Alamodome, exiting from the shadows and into the welcoming light below.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Flex Philosophy: A world decided by the votes of an unscripted and uncultured audience will either devolve into mayhem, or ascend into a strength it has never before seen. The choice is yours, use your power wisely.

Wasabi: What the hell does that mean?

Svetlana: I think he’s trying to do a Ted Talk or something, I honestly don’t know.

The Queen of FlexAmerica and the Head of Security can be seen in the Mussel living room staring at the flat screen TV as the moniseur of muscle continues to spout philosophical nonsense.

Wasabi: His match against Vega is in twenty four hours, shouldn’t he be here like bench pressing a SUV or something?

Svetlana: That is the usual big match workout for him, this is indeed very strange.

Keith Kole enters the living room as he violently begins packing his belongings.

Svetlana: Keith, have you seen Flex?

Kole: I could give a damn where he is, and I could care less if I ever see the bastard again.

Svetlana: How dare you display such insolence!

Kole: How dare he leave me to get my head kicked off by Vega! Tell the jackass good luck at Unscripted, because until he apologizes he won’t have my allegiance.

Kole grabs the last of his belongings and storms out the front door.

Wasabi: Yikes, you think he’s mad?

Before the front door can close WZCW interviewer Stacey Madison enters the bodybuilder’s home with precaution.

Stacey: So this is the egomaniac’s humble abode, oddly enough there isn’t as much body odor as I thought there’d be.

Svetlana: What are you doing here?

Stacey: Your boy toy asked me for an interview. Said he had “game-changing” news, and seeing how he’s avoided a one on one interview me for practically his whole career, I had to see what this is about.

Svetlana: Well I don’t know where he is.

Stacey: Like hell you don’t, tell him to get out here and stop playing games. I swear if he just invited me to here so you two could spice up the bedroom-

Svetlana: Stop right there! One, you are much too scrawny for that to ever be an option, and two, I truly have no idea where my love is, I’m becoming quite worried-

Flex: Well allow me to ease your fears.

The attention of the room turns to Flex on the TV screen still speaking aimlessly into the camera.

Flex: Yes you indeed heard that well-timed interruption correctly. This isn’t just my Flex Philosophy Ted Talk, this is also the first clue in “The Hunt for Flex October!”

“I’m pretty sure it’s May dude”. - Wasabi behind the camera.

Flex: What?! Really?! Why is the weather still this bad then? Maybe this climate change thing is for real...anyway edit this part out. Take two and...go! Keith, Svetlana, and whoever else is standing in the room right now, I ask that you use the following clues to track my location and prove that you are capable hunters, just as I have proved to be a capable leader-

Svetlana proceeds to pause the tape and turns to Wasabi.

Svetlana: Did you help him create some ridiculous scavenger hunt?!

Wasabi: Yeah I’m sorry I meant to edit that out I was binge watching Thrones I didn’t get much sleep-

The Russian bodybuilder grabs Wasabi by the testicles and begins to squeeze!

Svetlana: Quit the fucking games! Where is he?!

Wasabi: He’s at an abandoned zoo a few miles away!!! PLEASE LET GO!!

The Queen lets go as Wasabi falls to his knees. Svetlana puts on a jacket as she instructs Stacey to follow her.

Stacey: Was that really necessary?

Svetlana: Trust me I just saved you at least a few pages of exposition.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Queen, the hired bodyguard, and the interviewer can be seen walking into an abandoned zoo. Signs lead them to a pit where Flex is standing, surrounded by a plethora of different animals squabaling with each other as he watches on in vague amusement.

Svetlana: Flex what are you doing?

Flex: Alas you’ve finally found me, I know the journey wasn’t easy-

Wasabi: They skipped the hunt boss.

Flex: What the hell am I paying you for Toyota!?

The bodyguard proceeds to pull out a camera to record.

Wasabi: Don’t worry I’ll do it right this time, unless I forget to edit it in at the last minute….

Svetlana: We’re here just please get to safety.

Flex: Can’t you see my love, this is my safety. The ferocious animals around me, bound by no cages-

Stacey: You have fences all around you.

Flex: But we’re all in the same one that’s the point! This is the true Jungle, everyone fighting for their piece of scrap, the weak overtaking the strong, natural selection. It’s what WZCW has become, and that’s why I wanted you here too Stacey.

Stacey: You really called me all the way out here for for a Darwin comparison?

Flex: I called you here because I’m not sure WZCW is a place I still belong in. It’d be foolish of me to ignore it, the last few weeks haven’t exactly been the greatest. I got to the top of the mountain and proceeded to take a bump on every rock as I tumbled down.

Stacey: So you’re gonna quit now that you’re not World champ anymore?

Flex: That’d make me no better than all the other “veteran’s” who throw temper tantrums when they don’t get what they want. This is bigger than the World title, I feel underappreciated. By the fans, the talent, the management, it is disgusting how they’ve all undercut me when I was the breath of fresh air that this place desperately needed.

Stacey: Just retirement already I’m sick of your self-absorbed whining!

Flex: And that’s why you’re here Stacey, you’ve never held back your opinions, you “tell it like it is”. You don’t stroke my ego and despite our many differences I do appreciate that. I’ll be the first to tell you, these last few weeks I just haven’t been the better man when it comes to stepping inbetween those ropes. While my upcoming adversary at Unscripted has shown he is quite capable of success. So couple that along with everything else I began to wonder if it was time I finally rode off into the sunset. But that was until I realized that this wasn’t the first time I felt this way, and I highly doubt it’ll be my last. I’ve had many of setbacks in my career, but through all of that I’ve been able to come back ten times stronger, and funny enough, a lot of those realizations seem to happen at Unscripted, where anything can happen.

The fitness freak begins to make his way over to a bear clawing away at the torn carcus of a zebra, he cautiously pets it as the bear doesn’t even acknowledge his presence.

Flex: Years ago when Russians hunted me and my allies it was at Unscripted that I destroyed their false might. When I was hunted by the demons of Dorian Slaughter it was at Unscripted that I made sure he couldn’t make it to a count of ten and he hasn’t been seen since. And now it is at Unscripted once again that I find myself hunted by a man looking to make a name for himself. The common denominator between all those men is that I’m the one they need to validate their ascent up the mountain.

Stacey: I think Vega would highly disagree with that.

Flex: He’d be right to, he’s one of the most talented and capable adversaries currently in WZCW. But there is a reason why he’s the longest reigning Mayhem champion, and why I’m a former World champion, there’s a reason why the Mayhem title is no longer active, and why he’s never won the big one. There’s a reason why I’ve outlasted countless names in this company. I’ve been a hound of hell, I’ve been a legend killer, I’ve been a King, but throughout all that Vega has just been the same. And don’t get me wrong it’s enough to get the job done, but it just ain’t enough to get him to the next level. For a long time I thought this was match was about me proving I still have what it takes to be the best, but in actuality this may be one of the last chances Vega has to show that he’s more than just a good hand. He couldn’t beat Tyrone, he couldn’t win the Gold Rush tournament, and at Unscripted I’m going to prove to everyone what I already know: Vega is incapable of evolution.

Stacey: He’s going to knock your head off.

Flex: He’s going to try, he might even get close, but the truth is he lacks the imagination. We could’ve chosen any stipulation for our match and just like the predictable simpleton he is “Mayhem Rules” is the best he can do.

Stacey: You haven’t even told anyone what “FlexAmerican Rules” are!

Flex: Does it really matter? The simple fact is that whenever I step into that ring, no matter who it is against, I make sure everything is on my terms! And I don’t care what I have to change, who I have to beat, and what I have to do to make sure that it comes into fruition. I used to be a King but I became too obsessed with the throne and I let my great nation suffer for it. So much so that I’ve even lost faith from subordinates such as Keith. But no longer, at Unscripted the mighty citizens of FlexAmerica will let their voices be heard for I am no longer the benevolent King but I am a curious conqueror!

The moniseur of muscle slaps the bear in the back of the head and immediately climbs his way out of the pit before bear knows what happens, it turns around and targets a lion who it thinks is the culprit.

Flex: And for those wondering what FlexAmerican Rules are, it’s really quite simple. There will be [redacted] around the ring, inside I will have [redacted] and [redacted] while Vega and I [redacted] till the conclusion of the match is decided by [redacted].

Stacey: You’ve gotta be kidding me…

Svetlana: Brilliant!

Wasabi: Definitely editing that one.

Flex: Vega’s about to get a whole bunch of democracy shoved in his [redacted].

4. Likes Infinity liked this post

Thread Information