Thread: Another WWE tag team turns down an offer from WWE

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another WWE tag team turns down an offer from WWE

The Club. Not a good club. Not a bad club. THE club.

They were offered around the same deal as the Revival. About $500,000 per year for 5 years.

I'm not surprised they're leaving. AEW is the most likely destination.

On Raw Luke Gallows will likely be seen shaving Karl Anderson's back. Instead of, well, actually wrestling. Why have a great wrestling match and put a tag team over on the way out when you could do a horribly unfunny comedy segment instead?

2. Likes mrluck_07, Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Part of the reason for this has to do with WWE's bloated roster. They just don't have the time or room to showcase so much talent and, in a good many cases, Vince decides to put the company's focus on the wrong people or not using them in ways that really play up to their key strengths. For instance, we see Baron Corbin constantly put in these high profile spots but why not Luke Harper? Because he can't pull off a Southern accent all that well? Baron Corbin is constantly put into spots he just doesn't have the chops for. Bobby Lashely could legitimately be the biggest badass in pro wrestling, he could easily take Brock Lesnar's spot as a dominant champ but Vince would rather focus on nonsense like Lashley out there posing like a typical Prima Donna bodybuilder type wrestler. Rather than making real use of and getting behind solid tag teams like Gallows & Anderson, Sanity, the Revival and AOP, you had random tag teams thrown together without any real story or reason for fans to give a crap one way or another like Gable & Roode or putting the Raw Tag Team Championship on jobbers like Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins. Sanity's big moment in the sun included one attack on the Usos and then having the Miz take on all three of them at the same time and ultimately win. Now, Alexander Wolfe is going to NXT UK, Killian Dane is going back to NXT, I don't know what brand Eric Young is on but it doesn't matter as he'll be fodder for whomever, wherever he is, I have no idea where Nikki Cross is and it's unlikely anything of significance will be done with her because she's another one who doesn't fit in with Vince's mold or there's something missing from her that only Vince's logic seems to understand.

I could probably go on and on using examples of talented wrestlers who're signed by WWE but who aren't used but to a small fraction of their potential. Hell, some of them aren't used at all beyond an occasional match on Main Event and maybe a house show here and there. He doesn't want them, but he doesn't want anybody else to sign them even more; Vince McMahon does not want any sort of competition whatsoever, no matter what anyone else might try to say in some PC interview about Vince wanting to make the industry grow. He has no issues with other companies existing, but he believes that everyone has their place and they need to stay in it with WWE head, shoulders, knees and toes above everyone when it comes to making money. My guess? Vince doesn't give a damn about, at least, half of the people on the roster. Many of them know that, have known it and see a real possibility of maybe, just maybe, being able to do something about it. I'm not talking about wrestlers who's idea of being used well means that they're always pushed, always featured, always get what they want, act like shits backstage and expect to be rewarded for it, I'm talking about, in many cases, talented wrestlers who aren't being used, literally, at all, sometimes, who want to work and just have some real chance to do what they love to do for a living. We all know he has specific tastes that he prefers and it's the main job of WWE's creative team to make him happy, it's about putting together shows that they know will entertain Vince McMahon first and foremost. Hell, a lot of the time, Vince just flat out tells the writers what he wants to happen, who he wants pushed or he'll just basically write the show himself.

In a lot of situations, the WWE's TV shows aren't nearly as good as they could be and that's due in large part to Vince McMahon's decisions. He wants what he wants, he wants it how he wants it and he's not the type to admit when he makes mistakes. Like his good buddy Donald Trump, Vince prefers to be the absolute lord and master of his own corner of the universe and I fear WWE will continue to decline as long as he keeps holding on these obsolete views and outdated ideas.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information