Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comic Cons

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Comic Cons

Have any of you ever been to any comic cons? Whether it be just a wrestling con, a full on comic con, or any other type of con? Was it any fun for you or are any of you been interesting in ever going to a con of any kind?

I personally went to my first two comic cons just last year and they were both fun times. I got to meet a lot of celebrities and hear some interesting things by some of the people in their Q&A panels. The first celebrity I went onto meet was one of the most famous Power Rangers, Amy Jo Johnson, the pink Power Ranger of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series. She was super nice and one action she did made me like her even more than before. There were two different type of lines one of them was for VIP ticket holders (who got to see celebrities of their choosing first) and the other line was general admission (who had to wait until the VIP were down with the celebrity). I was standing on the side of the VIPs and I could see clear as day that almost everyone wanted to see her right away. She saw that both lines were hugely long, so she did the sweetest thing imaginable and asked us the VIP ticket holders if we didn't mind having two of us go first and then one general admission go right after. We of course said yes and what makes so much better was that I was next in line to go for the VIPs, so when she asked the question I felt special due to feeling like she was asking me personally in a way. Idk, but that just felt so special to me and it still does.

Another nice cool celebrity that I got to met was Joey Fatone. He was super cool as well cause I had heard if you waited to the end of the day he would gladly take a picture with you without charge. Now don't get it wrong I don't mind if I had to pay for a picture or an autograph with, but by the time I got to him I only had $20 and I wanted to save it for food after the con to go eat with my friends. But he did indeed take a free pic with me and another girl who waited there until he was finished. I love that picture so much that I still have it as my facebook profile pic. I also wouldn't have mind had he said no to taking a picture with us as I would have understand he would one lose money for taking a free pic with us and two he probably had a long day and just wanted to take off. However, the fact remains it shows a lot about his character when he clearly didn't mind taking a quick with some fans.

Now on the wrestling side I have gotten to meet both Lita and Rey Mysterio which was super cool as they both were super nice people. And what made meeting them was that they later return in the Rumble each after having met Lita back in April and meeting Rey in September. However, as much as I had always wanted to meet Rey there was one wrestler who I met that just had me even more nervous, excited, and everything in between to meet him.

That wrestler being none other than the man they call Sting. The moment I had heard he was going to come down south of Texas for our comic con in April I knew I had to go, so I bought the ticket just for him. Interestingly enough unlike every other celebrity there Sting had his own personal tickets sold to see him which of course were also VIP and general admission tickets. I of course got the vip ticket as it guaranteed that I would get to meet him, have an autograph, and one of the pro photo-ops with him guaranteed and a friend if I wanted to. Now I know I said the lines for Amy Jo Johnson was something huge well the lines for Sting clearly beat everyone's lines by a mile including hers. I mean no joke I wish I had taken a picture of the line for him because it was just way too much for me (idk maybe it was just the fact that it was my first), but thankfully I thought ahead of time and got in line to be one of the first to meet him cause unlike the other people there Sting had a schedule time to do autographs, pro-photos, and a Q&A panel. While waiting in line to see him I was talking with some people and one guy in particular said that whenever Sting goes to a Comic-Con in Texas within range of where he lives he always goes to get a couple of autographs on some action figures and title belts. Which is why to him it was really surprising to have seen Sting deciding to show up to our Con since he is very selective of his places and rarely goes to comic cons that much. But, luckily for us we got him for two days after a mishap with his flight schedule which had him extend his stay from one day to two days instead. Which the guy also said was rare as well cause Sting is almost exclusive to one day showings and no more. And once Sting arrived to his booth the place erupted like crazy. There was one awesome moment Sting did that also received a standing ovation, it was that one fan of his was terminally ill and due to him not being able out of his house/hospital (can't remember which it was) he was greeted by Sting first and foremost. What made it more special was that Sting took his time to make sure the guy got almost everything for him autographs, pics, talking with him, etc. We didn't care one bit cause why should we. Once he finish with the guy he went on to meet and greet the rest of us and boy was nervous as hell. I tried to hold it in, but my friends saw me and said it was clear as day that I was starstruck from meeting him. Of course I was since Sting played a huge role for me to starting to watch TNA and was one of the few wrestlers I have dreamed of meeting one day and I finally got to live that dream.

So, any of you have any interesting stories from Comic Cons you have or someone you know been to? Or are you planning on going to one soon? Does it depend who is going to go? Or do you not have any nearby comic cons for yourself? Feel free to discuss that in here.

Side note: I don't know if it's everywhere or not, but I believe it is the actors/singers/wrestlers/etc. have a banner that hang above their booth. Well, those banners where being auctioned off and I won both Lita's and Sting's banners for around $200. I love those banners as it was a real treat meeting both of them. I would have also gotten Rey's banner as well, but I decided to opt-out and get my mom the banner for the voice actress of Jasmine from Aladdin for my mom's bday present.
    Last edited by Awesome_Miz; 02-23-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

2. Likes Skairipa liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I may, go to LexCon (March 9-11). It won't be that long where I live.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    I may, go to LexCon (March 9-11). It won't be that long where I live.
    I've been to that one before. It's pretty well laid out but the lines can be rather long and the prices (set by the con and not the wrestlers) are pretty outrageous. $80 for a Goldberg autograph a few years back if I remember correctly.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For the last few years I've attended multiple comic cons as I love meeting celebrities and especially wrestlers, and comic cons are a great place to do it. The big comic con I've gone to the last two years in November in Rhode Island is massive, they take over 2 buildings and both are jam packed with vendors and guests. The line outside to get in starts at like 6 am because people are crazy and usually ends up being about 4-5 miles at least, both years I got there about a half hour before the doors opened and it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get in once the line starts moving. But it makes for a fun day.

I also am an autograph collector. I started off just meeting wrestlers with the first two I met at a con being Trish Stratus and Lita, who were sweethearts. But since then I've met a ton of different wrestlers at cons including Rey Mysterio, Sting (I'm with you, that was a very cool person to meet), Ricky Steamboat, Gail Kim, Mickie James (a favorite meeting of mine since she's my favorite women's wrestler), Christian (a top expierence of meeting a wrestler for me because him and Edge really got me into wrestling), Shawn Michaels, and a ton of others.

On the non wrestler side, I've met and gotten autographs from Ricky Whittle (The 100), Jason Isaacs (Lucious Malfoy from the Harry Potter franchise), Christopher Lloyd (Doc Brown from the Back To The Future franchise, which was really cool because I love those movies), Tom Wilson (Biff from Back To The Future), Will Friedle (Boy Meets World), Violette Beane (Jesse Quick from The Flash) and the legendary Stan Lee. Out of those the only one that wasn't friendly was Stan Lee and to a lesser extent Christopher Lloyd. But Ricky Whittle and Will Friedle were very friendly and it just so happens Will's grandparents are from around my area so we were talking about that along with Boy Meets World.

The other thing I like about cons is checking out the vendor tables and finding new funko pops to buy. I also had a funny expierence last November at comic con, I was wearing my Young Bucks shirt (I'm not a cosplayer and never will be, it's just not me) and had about 20-30 people come up to me and give me a too sweet during the day, it was really funny considering usually just the people in costume get compliments about what they're wearing.

6. Likes Awesome_Miz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've only been to one but it wasn't that great. I did meet Tatanka though. He was a pretty cool dude with a lot of stories to tell. He wasn't in a rush to get money from me or move me on either. He seemed like a guy who was just enjoying his work as a WWE ambassador.

The rest if the Con seemed to be more about prying more money from my wallet, which I understand. But having paid a small fortune for a ticket, there should have been more free things to do.

There was, however, a pretty good area of the con for retro games consoles. Got to play a bit of Double Dragon, Crash Bash, original Sonic the Hedgehog and a lot more.

Not bad but not great, all in all.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I forgot to mention my absolute best experience with a celeb at a con yesterday, I met Kevin Sussman from Big Bang Theory and he was extremely nice. He stood there at his table talking to everybody for 15-20 minutes each and was telling all kinds of stories about the show and the cast. I was glad I decided to get him since I was on the fence originally.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iâ??ve been to several different cons, and at this point, theyâ??re all basically cookie cutters. I usually go in search of â??whalesâ? of either comics or omnibus collections, and rarely find anything I couldnâ??t at a local store. At this point theyâ??re just pop culture fest with a bunch of decent cosplay.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I forgot to say I will be going again to another con in late April. And this con the most famous power ranger will be showing up aka the one that wants to kick CM Punk's ass, Jason David Frank. Will be interesting to hear his Q&A and just hear how he wants to bash Punk like there's no tomorrow.
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Been wanting to hit up a convention. Most of my friends do it for the cosplay and the goody bags I assume everybody gets as part of admission. Can't say I know of any good ones that would cater to the things I like (I'm in Arkansas, and a majority of shit here is anime, oddly enough, and I don't care about voice actors). If anybody has a suggestion though I'd love to hear it. But from where I stand now, it's better to just have some buds pick you something up from a con then to actually go, if costumes aren't your thing.
    Last edited by Spidey; 02-25-2018 at 02:32 PM.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm hoping to make it to Emerald City Comicon in Seattle some day. They have a good list of celebrities every year and it looks like a lot of fun

Thread Information