Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shower Thoughts

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I took two semesters of Chinese in college to fulfill my language credit. Foreign languages was ALWAYS my weakest subject in school, but I made it through both semesters with like, low Bs or something. But after that last semester of Chinese I made no attempt to keep it going.

I should have absolutely kept that Chinese knowledge for the sole fact that it would make communicating with the Chinese food delivery guy 100 times easier.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    I took two semesters of Chinese in college to fulfill my language credit. Foreign languages was ALWAYS my weakest subject in school, but I made it through both semesters with like, low Bs or something. But after that last semester of Chinese I made no attempt to keep it going.

I should have absolutely kept that Chinese knowledge for the sole fact that it would make communicating with the Chinese food delivery guy 100 times easier.
    For what it's worth, I think if I was ever going to learn another language...sign language would be the best to learn.

Foreign languages are no longer as valuable as they used to be. Even in criminal justice they told us if we learned a Middle Eastern language we'd be huge steps ahead for federal jobs like the FBI.

But honestly now technology is making it easier and easier. Federal law enforcement doesn't even need a translator anymore. We have apps on our phones that we can input audio and it will translate it for us.

Sign language however is something not as easily adapted by technology. And personally for me it'd be a useless thing as well because I'm in the psychology field.

Honestly I think they should have more sign language classes in school instead of secondary languages like Spanish or French.

3. Likes Jack-Hammer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    For what it's worth, I think if I was ever going to learn another language...sign language would be the best to learn.

Foreign languages are no longer as valuable as they used to be. Even in criminal justice they told us if we learned a Middle Eastern language we'd be huge steps ahead for federal jobs like the FBI.

But honestly now technology is making it easier and easier. Federal law enforcement doesn't even need a translator anymore. We have apps on our phones that we can input audio and it will translate it for us.

Sign language however is something not as easily adapted by technology. And personally for me it'd be a useless thing as well because I'm in the psychology field.

Honestly I think they should have more sign language classes in school instead of secondary languages like Spanish or French.
    Interesting point, Sully, but I think being able to whip out a foreign language sans-smart phone will always have value. Sure, in professional situations I don't think it's inappropriate to use your phone to translate, but I think you could certainly impress people by speaking it yourself. And if you're at a noisy bar in a foreign country you'd be a lot better off using your own foreign language skills than your phone.

5. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When you create a wrestler in WWE games, do they exagerate heights and weights like they do in real life?

7. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I finally decided to also get a Nintendo Switch. Next time, I'll finally get that stripper.

9. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There is a gray strip running along the right side of the Wrestlezone Forums logo that you forgot about until now.

11. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The British blew a 13 colony lead

13. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sully's retarded isn't he?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Sully's retarded isn't he?
    I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Thread Information