Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lars Sullivan's under fire for many old comments

I don't know how Sullivan's deal is structured as to whether or not he was paid during that time his was MIA or what but, in any case, at this point in his career, my guess is that his current deal is probably worth around 300K, so a fine of 100K is pretty significant.

WWE is still gonna look bad though as it seems pretty obvious they were hoping this would just blow over and disappear after a few days rather than gain steam the way it has. Another reason it'll look bad is because it's going to look like the Mars company, which is the company that makes Snickers candy bars and is one of WWE's biggest sponsors, had something to do with getting WWE to hand down this fine. Someone from the company did talk to WWE and the reports have some politically correct statement and my guess is that the actual statement was more along the lines of that they punish Sullivan or WWE would lose a big sponsor.

To be honest, I wish WWE would just stop trying to paint itself as this benevolent, forward thinking, progressive company that seems to dish out harmony to all the world because it's long since become apparent that all the various PSA announcements, community outreach programs and charitable partnerships are little more than marketing. In actuality, I don't think most of the WWE brass gives two shits about any of it aside from all the good publicity and money that comes with it. After all, as I said, they were probably gonna let this thing with Sullivan slide altogether if it hadn't kept getting attention, they're doing business with Saudi government even though the government has a decades long history of human rights violations & murder, bullying was taking place and, allegedly, even encouraged by Vince McMahon such as JBL's actions backstage even while the Be A Star program was in high gear, etc.. Of course, I know WWE will never do this as they have too much to lose and Vince has invested far too much time and effort into building this charade; still, at least they could say they're honest as to what they're all about when the cameras are off.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Tune in this Monday to see Lars Sullivan's sensitivity training on Raw.

Times are changing, and they're changing a little too rapidly for some.

There was a time when it was okay, if not an absolute honor, to be labeled an "asshole". It could manifest as something minor where I mention something that I like, and the asshole preys on that perceived vulnerability by saying something like "Only queers like that". If I was greatly upset by that comment before our reality became absorbed by social media, I'd have to cope with having been insulted without the option of demonizing that asshole unto millions of like-minded perceived victims like myself.

Lars Sullivan is a fucking asshole. Does he deserve a $100,000 fine? No, he deserves to calm his happy-to-be-hateful ass the fuck down and allow himself to be emotionally vulnerable by announcing to the world that he admits that he made the comments and that he's very sorry.

I would rather that Lars keep his money, and grant closure to his co-workers that he's not going to "accidentally" drop Kofi on his neck while shitting the phrase "I'm not a racist, but" out of his mouth when asked to explain himself. I hope that Lars' comments were just petty attempts at looking cool among a posse of testosterone hemorrhaging Neanderthals, and not examples of genuine hatred or apathy toward people that really don't deserve the judgmental commentary of a fucking idiot named Lars Sullivan.

I get where Vince is coming from, he doesn't get a lot of Lars Sullivan's. Giving the devil his due, Lars is a gigantic guy who can sell. Big guys tend to move like tree sloths and tend to display the agility of the trees those sloths climb in, Lars can actually move. I think that Vince hopes that the majority of fans don't follow stories from behind the curtain, and if they do that they'll use that anger to boo Lars instead of finding the decency to just tune out. The WWE doesn't need Lars Sullivan, but it doesn't surprise me that Vince is hot for him.

Public opinion has never been this powerful. Sometimes it oversteps and needlessly destroys lives. Lars is keeping his job and he's attending sensitivity training, and I'm impressed that social media seems to be taking a step back from the nuclear option of mercilessly chastising him into absolute obscurity. With or without a family friendly business like Mars pulling Vince's strings, Vince can't pretend like something didn't happen (ringboy scandal, Rita Marie, Jimmy Snuka).
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    From Titus O'Neill via Twitter.
    "@LarsSWWE I Applaud you for seeking out myself&Others on the @WWE Roster to not only Sincerely Apologize, But also seek Guidance as to how to move forward in being a Better Human Being than you were 9years ago. Nobody is Perfect Including Thank you
    @VinceMcMahon 4Taking action!!"

I'll be honest and say that this goes a long way for me personally. I believe Titus has more integrity than a combined fraction of the locker room so I'm inclined to trust that this happened. Perhaps others feel differently and that's valid, and while I'm not fully behind Lars again, this anecdote goes a lot farther in my eyes than being pegged with a fine.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Now have him squash popular black superstar R-Truth in 10 seconds and let's put this whole affair to bed.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sounds like a plan.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    According to Kalisto on Twitter in a now deleted tweet, he busted Lars open on purpose at Money in the Bank last night.

I know I said Lars should be fired in my first post, but after thinking about it, he deserves a second chance. What he said was horrible and absolutely shouldn't be overlooked or ignored, but we should allow people to evolve and change their views. Lars has already been fined $100,000 and sent to sensitivity training. If that's not enough, what is enough?

Thread Information