Thread: TNA Having MORE Issues Paying Talent

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TNA Having MORE Issues Paying Talent

https://wrestlingrumors.net/impact-w...ng-pay-issues/

It seems to be more of the same this time around: taking several weeks to pay talent, which apparently is how everything is structured. They're supposed to be paid at the end of the month after "their services are rendered" (which sounds so weird to hear in wrestling). That's all well and good, but tell me again why wrestlers are going to do this when they can work indies and get paid that night? Ed Nordholm issued a statement saying they're not behind and the contracts say it could be up to TWELVE WEEKS before they're paid for working a show.

Why would someone want to wrestle for this place again?

2. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's about time they took that place behind the woodshed and put a bullet between it's eyes. It had it's moment in the sun and it failed to maintain its momentum. Every single thing you read about it now is negative. And not because people love to hate it. If anything, people are more endeared towards smaller companies living in the shadows of the bigger companies. People hate on it because it can't seem to do the simple things right. The same things that many indy promotions are doing a lot better.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Why would someone want to wrestle for this place again?
    Potential national exposure.

It's fair to say on the internet, TNA has been eclipsed now by both NJPW and ROH, and is probably getting closer to CZW levels of exposure every day. But NJPW and ROH both lack a means of broadcasting reliably on a television network in America, something TNA is struggling to manage themselves, but is just about managing. TNA also airs on places like Challenge in the UK reliably, which means TNA can cultivate a moderately sized UK audience. So when TNA inevitably shuts its doors (considering it's making the original ECW look like a charity), these individual wrestlers will have enough exposure and support to reach new heights in other places.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think anyone has a logical reason why TNA is still around.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Really TNA should've died three years ago. The fact they've been given this many chances at reviving themselves is a miracle in of itself. I can understand the owners are trying to make this work: But at this point it's a lost cause.

If i'm owning TNA, I would've put them out of their misery by now and suggested to every wrestler to find another promotion to work for.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wish I could say I'm surprised. I had hope for them in the beginning and again not to long ago but now I just can't bring myself to care. I feel for the people that will be jobless when they go under but on the other hand they should have jumped ship a long time ago like Joe, AJ & Roode did.

I'm just waiting for the WWE to buy their tape library so i can rewatch the good stuff

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If they were on a channel that everyone here in the State got, I'd argue the exposure angle. They are on a niche network though, akin to LU on El Ray. With how rapidly indie promotions are getting their own streaming services or getting picked up by services like Fight Network, TNA is going to lose that slim advantage they have.

Shame too, as they have brought in some fun names recently that will never get a shot in WWE, like Cage.

9. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Thread Information