Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Money in the Bank

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fell asleep during the Kofi match, just woke up and put the last 10 minutes of MITBmatch on......

I pissed myself laughing. They just do what they want. I think people there were legit pissed off. They started leaving straight away.

[B]The Usos vs. Daniel Bryan & Rowan - ***
    Women's MITB Ladder Match - ***3/4
    WWE United States Championship - Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio - NR
    Steel Cage Match - The Miz vs. Shane McMahon - **1/4
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Tony Nese vs. Ariya Daivari - ***
    WWE Raw Women's Championship - Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans - ***
    WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair - ***
    WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley - NR
    Roman Reigns vs. Elias - NR
    WWE Universal Championship - Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles - ****3/4
    WWE Championship - Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens - ***1/2
    Men's MITB Ladder Match - ****1/4

The kickoff tag team match was good, but Vince really, really, really should do a better job of protecting his champions as he's having mid-card and tag team champs lose way too often in non-title matches.

The women's MITB ladder match was a lot of fun, the women worked hard and I felt like there was a real sense of urgency there. Glad to see Bayley pick up the win here as well.

The US title match should've just been held on Raw as we've yet to have a real, solidified match between Joe and Rey. Joe took a nasty shot to the face and may have a broken nose.

The steel cage match was what it was. This makes two straight, clean wins Shane's gotten over Miz and I wish they'd just move on.

The Cruiserweight Championship match started out with fans making no noise but a lot were into it by the time it was over. It was a good little match.

Both the Raw and SmackDown Women's Championship matches were good efforts, I would've liked to have seen Becky walk out with both titles but I'm also glad to see Bayley successfully cash in. It's out of nowhere but, at the same time, it's fresher than another Charlotte run. Yes, I know Charlotte will get the title back at some point but I do think WWE needs to cool it with her and with her feud with Becky for a while.

Roman Reigns vs. Elias was another Raw segment that took place on a PPV, which was a waste of time.

Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles was a fantastic outing that exceeded expectations. Great back and forth action and a legit MOTY contender.

Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens was a good outing from both, not nearly up to the standard of the Universal Championship match but it was a good effort that the fans were into.

The men's MITB ladder match...the match itself was great while the ending sucked. Guys like Ali, Ricochet, Andrade and especially Balor went out there and fucking killed themselves in that match and then here comes Brock friggin' Lesnar to pick up the easiest win of his career. It's typical of WWE booking these days: the year round roster members bust their asses, are overworked and underappreciated, while Lesnar is literally handed a plum spot. Had it not been for the ending, this could have been the greatest MITB ladder match of all time and the match itself was a ton of fun, but the ending sucked. Lesnar doesn't need the MITB contract and this all but means it's a matter of time before we see, yet again, an absentee main event champion.

Overall, I thought it was a fun PPV. Raw is hit and miss, mostly miss, but WWE has been putting on good PPVs for the most part for a good long while. Take out the steel cage match, skip the glorified Raw segment of Roman Reigns & Elias, give Joe & Rey time to have a real match and ditch the shitty ending for the men's MITB ladder match, and it'd probably been an A+ show. As it is, I give it a B-.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lesnar is the GOAT. His limited schedule and the contract is a perfect duo, you really never know when he'll cash in.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufferin' Succotash View Post
    Lesnar is the GOAT. His limited schedule and the contract is a perfect duo, you really never know when he'll cash in.
    Yes, and then we'll be right back where we have been for most of the last 2 years: a show without a consistent main event title scene and a bunch of guys running around without any real goal to strive or fight for. If his matches were worth watching, as a whole, then it MIGHT justify it to some degree and if he were delivering huge ratings when he showed up.

Instead of trying to fix what's wrong, instead of working to solidify and create new stars to carry the company, Vince just keeps going back to rehashing the same problems.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

7. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Who did Finn piss off to have to take bumps like that? That sunset flip was SCARY!

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information