Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Got Promoted!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    What’s the plan going forward? At 19 years you’re eligible in one year, but I expect you’ll go at least three to increase your retirement?
    At the moment, I’m on a three year assignment. They raised the high year tenure for E-6s to 22 years, and I was pretty desperate to move to a new area. If I had a choice, I’d stay in for as long as they want me around. There’s the extra money I’d make after retiring for doing so, and there’s the fact that my retirement checks are only going to be half of what I’m making now.

The angel on my shoulder is telling me to work on getting a BA in Accounting while I’m still in, and the devil on my shoulder is telling me to play more Dead Cells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I would definitely recommend doing what you can to set yourself up for a career after. Not sure what your career field is, but I made sure to pick one that translated to the civilian world. Did my six years active and got a great job on the outside. If you need a degree, certainly not a bad idea to use the military to get it.

Thread Information