Thread: The 24/7 Championship was USA's idea

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The 24/7 Championship was USA's idea

According to Dave Meltzer.

The ratings for the third hour have gotten pretty low, so USA suggested some ideas to Vince to bring them up. All of the ideas were terrible, but Vince had to pick one.

I'm really not sure how jobbers competing for a comedy belt that's supposed to be defended 24/7 but will primarily be defended during the third hour of Raw is supposed to increase ratings.

It'd be nice to know what some of the ideas were that USA pitched that Vince felt were so atrocious that he went with a lame gimmick championship. Maybe the suggestions might have actually been something a lot of fans would have enjoyed but are only being labeled as bad ones just 'cuz Vince didn't like them? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time Vince has hated something that a lot of people really enjoyed, such as Talking Smack for example. Fans loved the show, the wrestlers themselves loved it, backstage personnel loved it, Bryan & Renee Young had tremendous chemistry, some wrestlers cut far better promos on Talking Smack than on Raw or SmackDown because they were using their own words, etc. but Vince didn't like it so it, meaning he thought it was bad, so it was cancelled.

They've tried everything else, so maybe they should return to form and actually book it like it's a wrestling program. You know, have a sense of continuity, have more matches actually mean something based on wins & losses, lighten up on the overly scripted nature of things, maybe go for a less slick & polished look for the set? You know, things that can actually affect a wrestling program and company beyond mere window dressing.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What were the other ideas?

I know I'm in the minority, but I like the 24/7 thing. The concept is cool with how it plays into social media. Now I have a reason to keep up with WWE Twitter and their Youtube. It's a fun idea that's open to several wild situations. And really I like a bit of comedy to my wrestling more than the so-serious-it's-downright-bland that's been normal for the third hour. For me, wrestling works best when it has some humor to it. This isn't a fix, probably not even a good band-aid, but the idea is way more interesting than what has been par for the course. Just can't bring myself to grab a torch and pitchfork on this just yet.

Shame the design is about as imaginative as gluing a paper plate to a belt though. That segment would have flowed a lot better if the thing looked like it was worth picking up.

I gotta give this one some time before I outright shit on it.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Yaz liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The vast majority of internet fans: Lets bring back stuff the Attitude Era! WWE hasn't been good since then!

WWE: Here's something from the Attitude Era!

same internet fans: This is stupid. Give us something new.

I don't get the hate for it. Would you rather see the undercard get seen on TV for a minute or 2, or do you want to see yet another video recap of a Baron Corbin promo? This is both fresh and a throwback to the times that people were CLAMORING for. So shut the hell up and laugh for 5 minutes every fucking show. I mean it's the only way we're seeing EC3 or Titus O'Neill.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

7. Likes Spidey, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Execution is everything.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When people talk about bringing back the Attitude Era, they mean unscripted promos, more interesting characters, and the general sense of excitement and "anything can happen". Not a comedy belt for lower mid-carders.

11. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    More people are talking about this title than they have the IC, US or tag titles in quite some time. So far it has to be deemed a success.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Considering it's a new title, and creative hasn't done the best job booking the other titles, of course.

Thread Information