Thread: WWE's inconsistent booking - how much does it affect the wrestle

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE's inconsistent booking - how much does it affect the wrestle

Note - I accidentally pressed enter before completing the title, so could someone please fix it?

Anyways, Bully Ray was recently talking about the lack of mega-stars in WWE, and it's very hard to disagree with him. However I basically had a couple of questions. Does anyone have potential to be a mega-star in WWE, and just how much is WWE's inconsistent booking affecting the wrestlers?

You could do this for a few wrestlers, but I'll look at Kevin Owens.

Kevin Owens returns in late February as a babyface on Smackdown and immediately gets a WWE Championship match. Forget that he was a heel with a losing streak on Raw before his return. Then he has the WWE Championship at Fastlane and gets left off the card at WrestleMania before having another WWE Championship match at Money in the Bank.

Now Owens is very talented and one of my favorite wrestlers in WWE, but how am I supposed to get behind him if his booking is so inconsistent? I want to care for him, but WWE makes it much more difficult than it should be. If a wrestler isn't important enough to be on the biggest show of the year, why does he deserve a WWE Championship a month later? Now could Owens be a mega-star? Maybe not, but possibly with the right booking. We'll never know, and it's a shame.
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 05-23-2019 at 08:47 PM.

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When you say Mega Stars

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When you say Mega Stars I think of people like Rock, Hogan, Austin, Lesnar, Cena... People that transcend the wrestling business.

Honestly, I donâ??t think thatâ??s what WWE wants. Itâ??s not good for the company if they invest so much time building a guy up to the top level for him to go leave.

Look at The Rock and Batista. You have 2 guys who spent 8 years with the company on their first run. Both these guys were built up as one the main faces of the company and both guys left for Hollywood. Now admittedly Batista wasnâ??t as mainstream as The Rock but he was still well known.

Couple with retirements through injury that occurred around the same time that both these guys left, WWE was left with a huge hole in their roster. It takes a long time to find another A/B face.

The first time it looked like Lesnar was their guy but he jumped. The second time we landed on CM Punk and itâ??s debatable that this was through the companies design.

Look at the main guys in the company now that WWE have invested time and effort into building up. In my opinion it is Rollins and Reigns. I donâ??t see them 2 leaving the company any time soon. I donâ??t even think they are mainstream enough.

Whatâ??s important to WWE now is that the brand is the main face. WWE will forever be bigger than their performers now.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Outside of Cena nobody has really broken through that threshold since Austin and Rock. You have glimpses of it with Punk, Batista, Bryan etc, but just like Cena said in one of his promos against Roman, thereâ??s been many to have stepped up but nobody has been able to keep up. A lot of those guys wanted to be the top guy like Punk but reportedly didnâ??t want to deal with anything else that comes with it like mass media appearances and the superhuman schedule. It takes a special person to shatter that glass ceiling. Guys like Rollins and Reigns are just simply lacking that extra attribute that can put them on the level of someone like the Cenas.

Is creative an issue? Sure. Always has been at times. But there are just certain people who have it and those who donâ??t. Nobody on the current roster has it. Lot of great talent in the ring, some great on promos. But nobody you can put on those posters or talk shows that people are going to gravitate to. Hate the part timers like Lesnar, Taker, Goldberg whoever. Larger than life guys that have that IT factor are what wrestling is about. Takes a lot more than being good in the ring especially in this day and age in a world where being good in the ring is what defines most wrestlers. So Seth Rollins is good in the ring? Cool him and ninety percent of the wrestling world. What else?

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information