Thread: Jon Moxley on Talk is Jericho

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jon Moxley on Talk is Jericho

â??Needless to say the last 8 years couldnâ??t have been any more successful, and Iâ??m full of gratitude to WWE for that. Now that I got that outta the way letâ??s just bury the company for the next two hours.â?

TIJ just dropped "The Emancipation of Jon Moxley", which is already the most talked about podcast since CM Punk sat down with Colt Cabana. I've listened to it myself, and I suggest you do as well, but here are a few bullet point highlights (any quotes from here out are not quite exact but not misleading);

• Gratitude to WWE for success and working closely with Make-A-Wish.
    • Creative grievances dating back as early as being the babyface on Smackdown and the awkward promos he was given at the time.
    • How uncomfortable he was using Roman's leukemia as cheap heat, and a line that creative written which he refused to say on RAW and wouldn't even repeat on the podcast. "Whoever wrote that should be ashamed."
    • Disliking the inoculation segment and how Vince thought Ambrose's objection was that he thought it was supposed to be funny.
    • The generic "all you people" promos being the moment he knew for sure that he wanted to leave.
    • "My goals in AEW are to make a difference and to prove that the WWE's creative system sucks."
    • Not even looking at the new contract.
    • Being on board for intergender wrestling, but questioned the timing of putting him in a program with Nia Jax.
    • Vince needing to control everything and own everything. "Thatâ??s why [Vince McMahon] pays Brock millions of dollars to come in and ruin this company...â?
    • Being paid $500 for The Shield's Final Chapter special.

I'm still only scratching the surface with this list. I think a lot of fans' biggest WWE gripes has been the creative, and the picture that Moxley paints of their creative process certainly line up with that.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I literally just finished listening to it. It's very interesting. He made lots of similar points CM Punk made a few years back (Vince always having final say, wrestlers not getting enough input in their own character etc). I did like how he basically said everything matter of fact sort of way. He didn't go off on a bitter tangent he basically said how it is. I liked how he got his mate to do the Moxley promo and Vince called him to try and do the European tour but he said no.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Must watch interview that basically confirmed what we've been saying about Vince. He's ruining the product by overscripting and micromanaging everything. Most of his ideas absolutely suck and do nothing for the wrestlers. It's very sad. So much potential in the current roster, and it's all being squandered because of one man.

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    We've heard similar stories from people before but there's almost always been some sort of undercurrent of bitterness, some ulterior motive to try to say something as a means of lashing out in a hurtful and unproductive way. That's not the case with Moxley as he's someone who's been completely professional, did his job to the best of his ability and isn't someone who could have any real complaint in regards to his spot within the company. He isn't someone who thinks he's far better than he actually is or that he should be the unquestioned master of WWE or any of that stuff. Moxley was always featured on WWE television & PPVS, had top feuds with most of the top talents in the company, was among the biggest stars in the company over the past 10 years and won everything from mid-card to tag team to main event championships all while making a lot of money. He can't be written off as a guy that's bitter about the company or thought he should've had even more success than he actually did, he's someone that has seen the problems with WWE's creative process and most of, if not all of them, fall squarely on the shoulders of Vince McMahon. Moxley praised the wrestlers in WWE, WWE legitimately has maybe the most capable roster in its history, and it's true, it's not really the fault of the wrestlers. It all boils down to what Vince likes, what box he feels they should be put in and they have to get over, if they can, within those narrow confines. WWE's creative teams have been creatively hamstrung for years as Vince believes he knows better than everybody else because he's the billionaire. Until he steps down or radically changes his creative tactics, WWE is going to continue to go downhill.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He was rather nice though towards the guy he attacked 4 nights ago.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The title is extremely over dramatic and he is really overselling it all with the whole prison video though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    He was rather nice though towards the guy he attacked 4 nights ago.
    To keep kayfabe alive, this was recorded before Double or Nothing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    To keep kayfabe alive, this was recorded before Double or Nothing.
    Well, then............that changes everything
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    i didn't listen to it since i'm not big on those type of interview based podcast, but i've read a lot of except from it and my take was that while he try to make himself look better and like the victim in the interview, it's didn't come out of it looking like a Jerk like CM Punk did with his. The thing is, Ambrose as always been a hardcore no non sense type of wrestler, and you can't do that type of attitude era/ECW wrestling in the current Corporate WWE structure anymore, so he would always have been unhappy because he couldn't do all his over the top crazy ideas that he wanted to do. I'm sure someday, he will comeback to WWE as pretty much everybody that had a long career in WWE as comeback but for now, let him recharge his battery and let get all that creative juice out and be what he wants to be. I'm not a fan of his but i get that he need that right now and the better he does in AEW and other promotions the better he will be when he returns to wwe in 5 or 10 years.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykohurricane View Post
    i didn't listen to it since i'm not big on those type of interview based podcast, but i've read a lot of except from it and my take was that while he try to make himself look better and like the victim in the interview, it's didn't come out of it looking like a Jerk like CM Punk did with his. The thing is, Ambrose as always been a hardcore no non sense type of wrestler, and you can't do that type of attitude era/ECW wrestling in the current Corporate WWE structure anymore, so he would always have been unhappy because he couldn't do all his over the top crazy ideas that he wanted to do. I'm sure someday, he will comeback to WWE as pretty much everybody that had a long career in WWE as comeback but for now, let him recharge his battery and let get all that creative juice out and be what he wants to be. I'm not a fan of his but i get that he need that right now and the better he does in AEW and other promotions the better he will be when he returns to wwe in 5 or 10 years.
    He didn't leave because he couldn't be some zany guy. He left because they were handing him trash and he would always di his best with it but it got tiring.

17. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information