Thread: Stomping Grounds - Seth Rollins (c) vs Baron Corbin - Universal Championship

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stomping Grounds - Seth Rollins (c) vs Baron Corbin - Universal Championship

Baron Corbin getting another world title match and possibly headlining?

There's a guest referee for this, but no one could make me care about a Corbin match.

2. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    THIS JUST IN!

If you watch five minutes of this match, the WWE will give you $500! How does that sound!?

*crickets chirp*

Did I just say that the WWE will give you $500? I must have misspoke. I meant to add that as your reward for sitting through just five minutes of this match, the WWE will give you Shane McMahon's personal phone number! Think of all the good times you'll have chatting with Shane-O-Mac!

*creaky exit door slams*

Hmm. Okay, you know what, how about this; we will create a clone of a Mastadon and teach it to bring you beer!

*lights shut off*

............................................I will give you immortality! Eternal fucking life! You will live forever and... fuck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

I just want this match to be over and done with so Rollins can be moved onto someone that actually should be in the main event spot challenging him for the title.

I think I've mentioned this before in the past, but my theory as to why Vince is so high on Corbin may be due to the possibility that he respects the guy. A while back, maybe like 2 years ago, Corbin was among the talents backstage being addressed by WWE's medical personnel talking to them about CTE and I remember the story because Corbin vocally disagreed, during the meeting, with some of what the staff had to say and refuted some of the studies that'd been conducted into CTE injuries. You can disagree with the company but it's a big no-no to do so in public, basically in front of the whole locker room, and many speculated that Corbin would be punished for this when, in fact, Corbin's slow build towards a push seemed to start afterward. My theory, just an outright guess on my part, is that Corbin may have said some things and said them in such a way that made him come across as someone that actually had some ideas as to what he was talking about. You know, that maybe he'd actually read over these studies and other studies in the past and was able to have a rational, respectful and intelligent debate about this with the staff instead of sounding like some loud, bull headed lunk just shooting his mouth off about something he knew absolutely nothing about. Or, maybe he's just really good at sucking up and playing backstage politics. I figure it has to be something along those lines as there's absolutely nothing else about the guy that I've seen to convince me that he should be a main eventer and have so much TV time devoted to him over the last year or so. He doesn't have a great look, doesn't have a great physique, is average inside the ring at best, there are other hoss type guys on the roster who're just flat out better, his mic work is also average at best, etc..

The simple truth is that Baron Corbin will probably be a World Champion in WWE someday and after thinking some while writing all this out, maybe it's best if he wins Sunday just so we can get it out of the way, Lesnar cashes in, beats Corbin and then Rollins winds up taking the title back at SummerSlam or something.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Party Brock dancing throughout the match in a striped shirt could be fun.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information