According to the WON, Fox held some sort of "summit" yesterday in which they spoke with affiliates regarding the upcoming fall schedule and WWE was one of the topics mentioned.

SmackDown will air 51 weeks out of the year and will be preempted one week for the World Series, with the possibility of SmackDown airing on FS1 during that week. Fox will also air a one-hour launch show in late September to build to the live Friday night debut on October 4 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The idea is that the one-hour special will introduce WWE and the Superstars to the Fox audience. Fox reportedly wants everyone to promote WWE as a legitimate sport, not that the outcomes of the matches are real, but that the WWE product is a choreographed sports presentation. SmackDown will be part of the Fox sports block that runs Thursday through Sunday in the fall, along with the NFL and College Football. It's also believed that the 20th anniversary episode of SmackDown will be used as the debut episode on Fox when it airs on October 4; WWE will start promoting the episode beginning about the middle of next month and it was specifically mentioned during the summit that a lot of surprises would be on the show.

Regarding FS1, it's also been confirmed that the 1 hour weekly studio show will air on Tuesdays and will be hosted by Renee Young. Fox is also in talks to bring NXT to television and there's been speculation that, if successful, NXT will also air on FS1 and that it MIGHT go head to head with AEW's show on TNT but there's been no solid confirmation on that.

WWE and Fox are planning a major promotion that will see WWE Superstars take a moving truck to big, middle and even some of the smaller markets to promote the network change. A digital primer is also being planned, which will allow viewers to get a behind-the-scenes look at the WWE product. This primer will teach viewers some of the insider terms.

The notion of NXT coming to television makes me a little nervous because I just have this God awful notion of Vince stepping in and putting his fingerprints all over it. NXT has consistently been the best thing in WWE for years now due, in my opinion, in no small part to the fact that Vince has nothing whatsoever to do with the booking.