Earlier this summer, Uncle Dave reported that there were meetings scheduled to take place between officials from WWE and CMLL. Originally, the reports fueled speculation about some sort of talent exchange between the two but new information coming out suggests it's about the inclusion of CMLL content being featured on the WWE Network. Reportedly, WWE wishes to purchase access to CMLL's video library and that this content could be introduced under the long expected tiered pricing system that's been rumored for to be happening for a few years but looks to be almost ready to happen.

The wording of how this report read was strange in that it was stated WWE wanted to buy access to the library which means, I'm guessing, that CMLL isn't going to sell its video library outright. CMLL is the oldest promotion out there, it's been around since 1933 I'd imagine they have thousands upon thousands of hours of programming recorded. Personally, the lucha style isn't for me in big doses. A match or two can be a lot of fun but an entire card of wrestling packed with various flips, suicide dives, planchas and what have you just gets old to me really quick.