The title of the thread may be a tad misleading, though open to interpretation. It could suggest that new title designs are on the way or that WWE will be introducing new championships to the roster. I thought it was the former when I first saw the article headline but it turns out to be the latter, at least according to PWInsider.com.

According to the site, WWE will introduce a WWE Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship sometime following WrestleMania, though details are sparse. There's no mention as to exactly when the titles will be debuted or how the champions will be crowned but the report does say that the final look of the titles was recently decided on. As for how the champs will be decided, you have to suspect that some sort of tournament will be held. I don't see it as something that'll be longer and drawn out like the Cruiserweight Classic or the current tourney for the vacant Cruiserweight Championship.

My initial reaction is that this championship will be completely unnecessary. The Cruiserweight Division itself has only very recently begun to turn itself around, for the better in my opinion, and it seems much too soon for something like this. I always figured that WWE would go the route of introducing tag titles for the women long before something like a CW tag title was really even thought of, though I'm have a feeling that will happen somewhere down the line as well. If this is legit, then I'm not going to condemn it nor am I going to jump for joy; I'm cautiously optimistic since 205 Live is now under Triple H's direct control.