As seen on Tuesday night, Shane McMahon announced that he was taking a 'leave of absence' from the position of Commissioner of SmackDown Live, and that his final decree before said absence was to make this match-up for WrestleMania...before being utterly brutalised by both Kevin and Sami at the conclusion of the show. On the surface this sounds like a fantastic match-up to showcase these two and their rivalry on the grandest stage of 'em all. In reality, Shane's going to be involved somehow and disrupt all that. Whether this becomes a triple threat, a tag team with Shane teaming with someone (why do I get the feeling that Ziggler rumour wasn't entirely wrong?) or a guest referee spot, this is highly unlikely to remain as is.

This is essentially the pay-off to the one long-term storyline still in place on SmackDown, which is a shame because the storyline in question hasn't been wholly bad, but has ultimately become so bloated and contrived that it just ate up almost all the screen time and resources on the show over the past few months. I'll be glad when this is all over, though if Shane is ultimately going to win...I quiver with fear as Scar once said.

What do you guys think? Raging dumpster fire? Quality long-form storytelling? What's getting added or subtracted etc...