Thread: NBA Discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can't believe nobody has posted this yet but the Spurs have trade Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeRozan and protected picks.

IMO, Toronto got better as they basically upgraded from DeRozan to a better 2 way player. I think this also ensures that the Spurs will remain competitive post Leonard because DeRozan is no bum and I think he'll get better under Pop as he has 3 years left on his contact. IMO, if Leonard doesn't try to fit in this season and give it a shot to at least compete for a title, even though he's about 99% sure to leave after the season, then Toronto will trade him to LA before the deadline to at least get some sort of compensation for losing DeRozan.

The players involved might not be happy, but I think it's a good trade on both sides. DeRozan proved this past playoffs that he is a very very good player, but he's not THAT guy. He was just awful in that series against LeBron. So Toronto lost faith in him and I can understand why. We'll see what happens this coming year, but the Eastern conference is getting better and better. We've got Boston, Philly, and Toronto that will top the East easily, but we've got up and coming teams in Indiana, Washington, and the Bucks. Don't think we can call the East the Least anymore.

As far as Melo goes, the Hawks will waive him and he will sign a mid level deal with Houston and I think ppl are sleeping on how good that will make Houston. Melo can still play and why did Houston lose in game 7 to GS besides not having CP3? Because they couldn't hit shots. Well, Melo will definitely help alleviate that issue for Houston and, as the Olympics have shown, Melo plays very very well when playing with other stars. I think it'll help put Houston closer to winning.
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 07-19-2018 at 07:15 PM.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information