If you've been following wrestling for a while now, you'll know that Sinclair is the TV provider for Ring of Honor. However, there's another that Sinclair is known for, and it seems to be taking some of America by storm.

Apparently local news anchors from various stations that are owned by Sinclair were forced to read an anti-media script of 'bias' and 'fake news'. Now, this may not seem that bad at first: Bias and false stories are a major problem in news, and they have been for a long time. But given Sinclair's conservative slant it does seem a bit hypocritical that they would be calling out others for their own bias, be it liberal, conservative or otherwise.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/ho...anc-1824233490

They have since been followed with several people boycotting the group and attempting to discourage other marketers from coming their way. This is not the first major incident Sinclair has had, back in 2004 they ran anti John Kerry segments during that year's election season.

On another note, they also require their stations to run so-called 'commentary' from former Trump adviser Boris Epshteyn nine times a week. That's something that they do.

My opinion: Either this is their attempt at playing the rational one or Sinclair wants to be the FOX News of telecommunication companies, but no matter what the case, it doesn't change the fact that it is very irresponsible of them to try and skewer the news in their direction, then call out others for doing the same thing.

I can respect Sinclair for at least addressing the problem of bias and untrustworthy sources, but you might want to practice what you preach before hand. Maybe then you won't end up with a ton of people wanting to boycott you.

Saying that, I can't help but feel that had this been a left leaning news channel saying the same thing, the reaction would be different. The same goes for if any of the major news channels decided to run that script. And god knows what would happen if it were on a political radio channel like the ones of AM Radio or otherwise.

In short, people are biased, that's a fact everyone should know by now. But what the news is supposed to do is to report from an unbiased position. Yes, there are left leaning and right leaning news sites, channels, radio stations, talk shows, etc, but if you're going to warn people about it, make sure you're not doing it first.