There's a report going about, originally sourced from Sports Illustrated, that WWE had some sort of musical segment planned but that it's been cancelled. The segment would see Elias interacting with Jeff Jarrett and a few others before the Rock came out. As the Rock is busy doing promotional work for his latest movie, Rampage, WWE was unable to secure a commitment from him so, reportedly, the segment has been scrapped.

If it's indeed been scrapped, then thank God. Thank ya' Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might be a minority, or a majority but, either way, I have absolutely zero interest to sit through some 20+ minute sports entertainment promo segment that ultimately sees legends beat up Elias after they insult him musically. And yes, it would've been a minimum of 20 minutes as you just know the Rock would milk it for all he possibly could; hell, at least 10 minutes would be devoted to the Rock simply coming to the ring and posing on the ropes. WrestleMania is a marathon of a show as it is, especially if you watch any or all of the kickoff show matches, and this sort of segment, in my eyes, has no place on the biggest show of the year unless they did it right at the very beginning of the main card aspect of the show. Even then, it's not something that'd hold any interest for me as I'd rather see 30 minutes of the Rock jerking off to his own adulation devoted to matches on the card.