There are reports going around that Big Show missed participating in the Greatest Royal Rumble event due to re-injuring himself about 3 weeks ago. Show's last appearance on TV was during a steel cage match against Braun Strowman in which Strowman slammed Show through the side of a cage, writing him off television for the purpose of Big Show undergoing hip replacement surgery. Show is featured on the GRR promotional poster and is said to be the only one featured as part of the image who didn't participate in the show.

I'm thinking that Show's days as an active performer are now numbered because of his hip replacement. It's not necessarily just because of the replacement itself, Taker still wrestles on occasion and I believe he has one, but due to a combination of Show's age and size. Show turned 46 in early February, he's a legit 7 footer and he weighs well north of 350 lbs., so these are all factors that may work against him. It's common for individuals as tall as Big Show to have joint issues in the first place, especially as they get older, and that could be compounded due to Show's weight and the consequences of working as a wrestler for well over 20 years. From what I understand, hip replacements can be touchy as many who have them are forced to restrict themselves due to the possibility of causing damage to the equipment, requiring additional surgery, therapy and causing other injuries.

That's not to say that the report is true or that Show automatically has any of these issues, it just seems possible and, if so, maybe it's time to hang it up. He doesn't need the money, he's probably done everything he's going to do, which is pretty much everything in WWE.