It looks like WWE is going to embark upon another major supershow type card to be held on foreign soil, though Australia is certainly far less foreign in the minds of most of us than Saudi Arabia. WWE's toured Australia many times, though this may well be the biggest show it's ever produced in the Land Down Under.

Vince McMahon announced that the event, called WWE Super Show-Down, will be held in Melbourne at the Melbourne Cricket Grounds on Saturday, October 6th and will include appearances by John Cena, Ronda Rousey and "virtually every Superstar from Monday Night Raw and SmackDown Live." Also included will be WWE legends such as Shawn Michaels, Big Show and Kurt Angle and, thus far, the only named bout is the Undertaker vs. Triple H. Vince hyped Taker vs. Trips "will compete against each other for the very last time, ending an iconic era in WWE." The Melbourne Cricket Grounds is a big stadium, with the largest crowd in venue history coming last year at the AFL finals with a total of 100,021 fans, so you know that WWE is going to try to stack the card to sell as many tickets as possible. One thing the announcement didn't mention, however, is whether or not the event will be aired on the WWE Network like the Greatest Royal Rumble.

The GRR, in terms of overall quality, in my opinion, was basically a glorified house show and I don't know that this will be any different. If it's going to be aired on the WWE Network, then I'd hope for more to justify the constant overhyping of the show that we're likely to see that was similar to the GRR hype. As it's set to take place on October 6th, this puts it after Hell in a Cell, which takes place on September 16th and TLC on October 21. One advantage is the atmosphere will be vastly lighter as there's not going to be the controversy of no women being on the card, as was the case with the GRR, and Australia is part of Western culture so there won't be the barrage of social taboos to be avoided. The crowd itself will be livelier as well as, again, Australia is a vastly more open and progressive society than Saudi Arabia. Taker vs. Triple H will draw a lot of attention and will help sell tickets, but don't expect some 20+ minute epic clash between two legends as I doubt Taker could handle it. It'll be over in about 5 minutes, at the most, with Taker, at least, hitting all his signature spots before winnig via the Tombstone.