As we saw on last night's episode of SmackDown Live, Randy Orton made his return for what felt like the first time in years. Sure, Orton has been on WWE television but not this Randy Orton; this was the motivated Randy Orton, the scheming, slithering sociopath that was genuinely one of the top guys in all of wrestling for the better part of a decade. We saw a glimpse of him at Extreme Rules during an attack on Jeff Hardy but last night, Orton was in fully fledged Viper mode for the first time in a really, really long time. He looked and seemed motivated instead of just someone coasting and going through the motions, someone I'd like to see in a title feud with a top babyface. Hell, someone who would be worth seeing in a title feud with a top babyface. Everything from feverishly whispering something along the lines of "you wanna know why I'm doing this?" to pulling on Jeff Hardy's stretched out earlobes to just flat out beating the crap out of him felt like seeing a long lost old friend that I hope sticks around for a good long while because when Orton is like this, he's one of the best.