After last year's failed attempt due to unfortunate circumastances, WWE out of nowhere re-makes the reunion. Nobody really expected that move and it really got me by surprise. However, this is yet one of those situations where so many problems lie behind the big hype. Let's see.

No heel/face
Fans won't boo Braun Strowman and if WWE tries to turn Strowman heel, then they have completely destroyed what could have been their next true big babyface. Logic says that the Shield are the heels here. But here's the deal. Why? It definately doesn't seem like WWE want Roman to be a heel and Rollis was at the height of his babyface popularity. So it looks like they have completely dropped the face/heel dynamic. Which brings me to my next point.

Seth Rollins is being sacrificed
The guy was on top of his popularity and now he will seem like a lackey, alongside Ambrose, to Roman Reigns. This will most likely lead to Ambrose vs Rollins. So IMO, the Shield reunion wasn't needed.

Hierarchy
What was different about the Shield, was that the group had no real leader. They just did what they wanted to do and they were three guys with a common goal, but they were all in the same level. Now, that's off the table. You have Roman Reigns as the World Champion. That alone makes Rollins and Ambrose seem below Roman. It's just goes against both Rollins' character and against Ambrose's character, to team up with Roman in order to protect him for Braun Strowman. Instead, they would try to eat him alive. They would let Strowman and Reigns destroy each other and then they would come out and pick up the pieces and after that, they would fight among themselves to become world champion. That's who Ambrose and Rollins are. Because simply, the Shield was never about one guy. So, wtf?

To sum up. This isn't the Shield. It's something else WWE just pulled out of their ass.