Kurt Angle's won't be the only career to come to an end on April 7th. Batista has vowed to end his own in-ring wrestling career and take Triple H with him. His motives? Unclear. His means? Effective. He battered an unsuspecting, 70 year old Ric Flair just under a month ago and deliberately frustrated "The Cerebral Assassin" by not showing up the following week. This drove Papa Haitch into a furious rage (you can always tell when this happens because he rocks the leather jacket/jeans combo) and challenged big Dave to face him in a straight up fight. Batista obliged... sort of.

This past week on Monday Night Raw, "The Animal" heeded the call, but only in appearing inside the arena. He made it clear he wanted to finish Trips at WrestleMania, and that it was him who was in control of the game, and not the man who wears that moniker and wields creative control in WWE. Why Batista has designs on taking Triple H out, we may never fully know, but we do know that its going to be No Holds Barred, a crutch added to help a no doubt rusty, 50 year old Batista and a still healing "Game" (after the pec tear at Crown Jewel).

This should be fine, possibly even fun. Batista's surprise cameo/destruction of Ric Flair a few weeks ago was perfectly executed. Triple H's retort about characters and whatnot had fire and fury, but lacked substance. Last week's face-to-face was... weird. I don't know what to make of this at this juncture, and I don't expect it to be any good frankly. Indeed, I fear Triple H's obsession with making every match he's in "epic" may lead to a loooooong slug fest. But there is potential here and it'll be cool to see Batista go out in style on the "Grandest Stag of 'Em All"!