I rarely create threads, but this is a topic that's kind of been on my mind for a while now so I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion. I know Baron Corbin is regarded as the ultimate Buzz Killington around these parts, and I don't necessarily disagree, but I also think there's kind of been a lack of appreciation for the way that Corbin has been able to re-invent himself over the past year or so. He went from the grungy, stringy-haired Lone Wolf to the preppy corporate douchebag pretty much without missing a beat. And it wasn't only his look that changed, his entire gimmick was revamped. From the way he talks, to the way he carries himself, to the way he interacts with other wrestlers, this Baron Corbin is a completely different character from the one he came in with. A lot of people might find him boring (to put it mildly), but I can't help being impressed with how thoroughly he's bought into his current gimmick. That being said, it's difficult to take somebody seriously when they wrestle in a vest, dress pants, and a dress shirt. Or be entertained by a corporate stooge who's no longer corporate.

Which brings me to the point of this thread. Is Corbin really as bad as people seem to think, or is he being perceived poorly because of his aimless, nonsensical character? He seems to have the right tools to succeed, and he's improved a ton over the last year, but obviously something has just never seemed to click between Corbin and the audience. Maybe it's just a lack of charisma or the fact that he's never been able to put it all together, but something has always seemed to hold him back. Personally, I see potential there. He plays his character well, he's pretty funny, and he's shown himself to be extremely adaptable. With a little bit more polish inside and outside of the ring, I think he can be a stalwart in the WWE. Maybe not a World Champion, but someone who can fill in specific roles when needed for years to come. But maybe I'm just a poor judge of talent.

So what say you? Is Baron Corbin really THAT bad or is it something else that's holding him back?