Thread: ROH Star Says CM Punk Participated At an Indie Show

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ROH Star Says CM Punk Participated At an Indie Show

Two time ROH World TV Champion Silas Young has made a pretty bold statement that's got the internet all a buzz.

Young, who is also the founder of MKE Wrestling, took to Twitter and stated that CM Punk participated in a show he put on in Wisconsin while wearing a mask and was covered from head to toe in black pants, gloves and a black hoodie in order to fully protect his identity. https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ent-in-653326/

The article includes a clip that's been making the rounds, showing the man in black coming out and hitting a GPS on a wrestler so that another wrestler can score the win.

Now just because Silas Young said so doesn't automatically make it true, wrestlers are carnies at heart after all, but, as you would imagine, it's generated a ton of buzz over the last 12 hours or so. IF it is true that it was Punk under the mask, then this reignites all the various discussions of the possibility of Punk showing up in AEW or ROH in some sort of sweetheart deal. It'd also be the first time in well over 5 years that Punk, to anyone's knowledge, has stepped foot inside a wrestling ring to compete in any way, shape or form.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 04-21-2019 at 05:06 AM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information