Thread: Comic Cons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Comic Cons

Have any of you ever been to any comic cons? Whether it be just a wrestling con, a full on comic con, or any other type of con? Was it any fun for you or are any of you been interesting in ever going to a con of any kind?

I personally went to my first two comic cons just last year and they were both fun times. I got to meet a lot of celebrities and hear some interesting things by some of the people in their Q&A panels. The first celebrity I went onto meet was one of the most famous Power Rangers, Amy Jo Johnson, the pink Power Ranger of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series. She was super nice and one action she did made me like her even more than before. There were two different type of lines one of them was for VIP ticket holders (who got to see celebrities of their choosing first) and the other line was general admission (who had to wait until the VIP were down with the celebrity). I was standing on the side of the VIPs and I could see clear as day that almost everyone wanted to see her right away. She saw that both lines were hugely long, so she did the sweetest thing imaginable and asked us the VIP ticket holders if we didn't mind having two of us go first and then one general admission go right after. We of course said yes and what makes so much better was that I was next in line to go for the VIPs, so when she asked the question I felt special due to feeling like she was asking me personally in a way. Idk, but that just felt so special to me and it still does.

Another nice cool celebrity that I got to met was Joey Fatone. He was super cool as well cause I had heard if you waited to the end of the day he would gladly take a picture with you without charge. Now don't get it wrong I don't mind if I had to pay for a picture or an autograph with, but by the time I got to him I only had $20 and I wanted to save it for food after the con to go eat with my friends. But he did indeed take a free pic with me and another girl who waited there until he was finished. I love that picture so much that I still have it as my facebook profile pic. I also wouldn't have mind had he said no to taking a picture with us as I would have understand he would one lose money for taking a free pic with us and two he probably had a long day and just wanted to take off. However, the fact remains it shows a lot about his character when he clearly didn't mind taking a quick with some fans.

Now on the wrestling side I have gotten to meet both Lita and Rey Mysterio which was super cool as they both were super nice people. And what made meeting them was that they later return in the Rumble each after having met Lita back in April and meeting Rey in September. However, as much as I had always wanted to meet Rey there was one wrestler who I met that just had me even more nervous, excited, and everything in between to meet him.

That wrestler being none other than the man they call Sting. The moment I had heard he was going to come down south of Texas for our comic con in April I knew I had to go, so I bought the ticket just for him. Interestingly enough unlike every other celebrity there Sting had his own personal tickets sold to see him which of course were also VIP and general admission tickets. I of course got the vip ticket as it guaranteed that I would get to meet him, have an autograph, and one of the pro photo-ops with him guaranteed and a friend if I wanted to. Now I know I said the lines for Amy Jo Johnson was something huge well the lines for Sting clearly beat everyone's lines by a mile including hers. I mean no joke I wish I had taken a picture of the line for him because it was just way too much for me (idk maybe it was just the fact that it was my first), but thankfully I thought ahead of time and got in line to be one of the first to meet him cause unlike the other people there Sting had a schedule time to do autographs, pro-photos, and a Q&A panel. While waiting in line to see him I was talking with some people and one guy in particular said that whenever Sting goes to a Comic-Con in Texas within range of where he lives he always goes to get a couple of autographs on some action figures and title belts. Which is why to him it was really surprising to have seen Sting deciding to show up to our Con since he is very selective of his places and rarely goes to comic cons that much. But, luckily for us we got him for two days after a mishap with his flight schedule which had him extend his stay from one day to two days instead. Which the guy also said was rare as well cause Sting is almost exclusive to one day showings and no more. And once Sting arrived to his booth the place erupted like crazy. There was one awesome moment Sting did that also received a standing ovation, it was that one fan of his was terminally ill and due to him not being able out of his house/hospital (can't remember which it was) he was greeted by Sting first and foremost. What made it more special was that Sting took his time to make sure the guy got almost everything for him autographs, pics, talking with him, etc. We didn't care one bit cause why should we. Once he finish with the guy he went on to meet and greet the rest of us and boy was nervous as hell. I tried to hold it in, but my friends saw me and said it was clear as day that I was starstruck from meeting him. Of course I was since Sting played a huge role for me to starting to watch TNA and was one of the few wrestlers I have dreamed of meeting one day and I finally got to live that dream.

So, any of you have any interesting stories from Comic Cons you have or someone you know been to? Or are you planning on going to one soon? Does it depend who is going to go? Or do you not have any nearby comic cons for yourself? Feel free to discuss that in here.

Side note: I don't know if it's everywhere or not, but I believe it is the actors/singers/wrestlers/etc. have a banner that hang above their booth. Well, those banners where being auctioned off and I won both Lita's and Sting's banners for around $200. I love those banners as it was a real treat meeting both of them. I would have also gotten Rey's banner as well, but I decided to opt-out and get my mom the banner for the voice actress of Jasmine from Aladdin for my mom's bday present.
    Last edited by Awesome_Miz; 02-23-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

2. Likes Skairipa liked this post

Thread Information