Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular/Controversial Opinions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don’t mind wearing jeans, but sleeping in them? Nah.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    I don't like The Office.
    I've never watched The Office

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I watched about fifteen minutes of the first episode. I didn't finish it.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    UK or US? One is far superior than the other.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Championships are meaningless when comparing individual players

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Championships are meaningless when comparing individual players
    Woah super controversial opinion here.

Also the explaining/justifying your opinion that was starting to get ignored on page 10 is now completely gone

8. Likes Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    Woah super controversial opinion here.

Also the explaining/justifying your opinion that was starting to get ignored on page 10 is now completely gone
    What's the number one reason the majority of NBA fans say Michael Jordan is the GOAT?

Also what are you talking about?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What's the number one reason the majority of NBA fans say Michael Jordan is the GOAT?
    That doesnt make it controversial or unpopular, alot of people say what you said. On top of that people consider jordan over lebron because he went 6 from 6 (different then just championships and didnt move to create super teams (thats not me saying jordan didnt have super teams). The lebron/jordan debate is a lot deeper than just rings. Otherwise Bill Russell would be in front of both of them

Also what are you talking about?
    The original rules that were stated in the opening post, what else would I be talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    All I ask is that you
    1) Defend your position. Don't just say "I don't like black people because they look funny." Give an actual explanation as to why you feel the way you feel.
    2) Post something that is actually unpopular or controversial. Example, a lot of the more prominent posters here and back in Safe Space are pretty liberal, so saying that America needs gun control isn't exactly unpopular here.
    3) Don't be hateful. If you want to argue that white people should be allowed to say nigger, then by all means go for it. That is an opinion that fits and isn't inherently hateful toward anyone. Just make sure to steer clear of making it hateful. Also, don't argue in defense of rape or sexual assault or pedophilia. It is one thing to make an argument saying certain crimes are worse than others, but don't be a fucking incel or Phenom.
    4) Be civil. I know this topic is likely to cause many rustled jimmies and give ample opportunity for people to use snowflake, but that isn't my purpose. I genuinely want to see discussion and see why certain people feel the way they feel about things. It is hard to call yourself open minded if you never allow your mind to open and hear other views. It is completely okay to disagree with people, but be civil about it.
    Your opinion about rings pretty much violates the first two rules of the thread

And on page 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Currently in danger of being a forgotten rule, my dude.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Don't know how controversial this is, but I hate the Godfather movies, especially the first one so I'm gonna stick mostly with the first one for the sake of my point.

I have no idea why so many people from critics to everyday people to hip hop artists spray their shorts in declaring the thing's greatness. I mean, if someone's into it, then more power to 'em but some Godfather fans can be worse than evangelical Christians defending the validity of the Bible when it comes to their defense of the movie as some will react as though you just dripped trou and flashed their grandmother. To me, the Godfather is a pointlessly drawn out movie with uninteresting and, most importantly, unappealing characters; there are few movies I can recall in which I found myself thinking that every character should be sleeping "with the fishes" as there are no real redeeming qualities in any of them. They're all either racist, murdering scumbags or their wives are all fully aware of who they are and what they do, yet they're perfectly content with it. I'm serious, for me, there's not one remotely likeable character in the whole damn movie. I'd have thought that there would be characters in the film that, while murderers and crooks, there'd be varying degrees of evil and that someone would come off looking "good" in comparison but no...no not really.

If someone else has already dropped a deuce all over the Godfather, sorry for being a copycat.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Don't know how controversial this is, but I hate the Godfather movies, especially the first one so I'm gonna stick mostly with the first one for the sake of my point.

I have no idea why so many people from critics to everyday people to hip hop artists spray their shorts in declaring the thing's greatness. I mean, if someone's into it, then more power to 'em but some Godfather fans can be worse than evangelical Christians defending the validity of the Bible when it comes to their defense of the movie as some will react as though you just dripped trou and flashed their grandmother. To me, the Godfather is a pointlessly drawn out movie with uninteresting and, most importantly, unappealing characters; there are few movies I can recall in which I found myself thinking that every character should be sleeping "with the fishes" as there are no real redeeming qualities in any of them. They're all either racist, murdering scumbags or their wives are all fully aware of who they are and what they do, yet they're perfectly content with it. I'm serious, for me, there's not one remotely likeable character in the whole damn movie. I'd have thought that there would be characters in the film that, while murderers and crooks, there'd be varying degrees of evil and that someone would come off looking "good" in comparison but no...no not really.

If someone else has already dropped a deuce all over the Godfather, sorry for being a copycat.
    The Godfather is a coming-of-age story with a strong basis in reality. This is why the movie hits such a chord with so many people.

Major spoiler for those of you who haven't seen the film, so I'm going to keep it in spoiler tags, but this is, in my opinion, the most powerful moment in cinema.

Click for Spoiler:

This works because it's so real. There's no bullshit, it's a real, tragic situation juxtaposed with the innocence of a child thinking he's just playing along with him and a lot of people can relate to playing with their grand-parents when they're younger like this, being chased around in a playful way.

It's not supposed to be a movie like Star Wars with heroes and villains. It's supposed to represent the ugliness of the realities of life. Michael is the focus of the movies, who is coming of age in the first movie, making him fully realise the hardships and evil in the mob world and how he needs to embrace it to succeed.

I don't think you're entering the movie with the right mindset, it's more akin to something like Macbeth in that you're not supposed to really like the characters as much as observe them and the themes around them.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

14. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Thread Information