Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just read that Telltale Games studios is closing up shop. I'm not surprised, but so incredibly disappointed. Single player story driven gaming is just not as marketable as I wish it was.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I just read that Telltale Games studios is closing up shop. I'm not surprised, but so incredibly disappointed. Single player story driven gaming is just not as marketable as I wish it was.
    Well I don't know how much it wish it was marketable, but it's pretty marketable. Games like God of War and Spider-Man PS4 are two of the fastest selling games ever on the PS4 and they're both single player.

Unless you're just talking about the games in Telltale's style. Then I get where you're coming from.

3. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Unless you're just talking about the games in Telltale's style. Then I get where you're coming from.
    Indeed, I should have been more specific. While God of War or Spider-Man have enriching storylines (from what I understand), Telltale's focus was always rooted 100% in the storytelling. The result was always beautiful arcs with multiple branches, all equally compelling and fun to revisit. I was yet to start Walking Dead's final season, but I'm disheartened that it looks like it will never conclude.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The problem is Telltale sold it on you control the story but then things wouldnt make logical sense. There was a decision in the Game of Thrones season that was the sole dictator in another event and that event would play out and refer to events that happened inbetween the two events but not make any sense. Stuff like that turns people off those kinds of games completely.
    That said as much as I hated the game of thrones game, i thought the batman game was incredible

6. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hadn't played the Game of Thrones games. I had a feeling the political scope of the series might have been too ambitious to do justice in a video game. Indeed Batman was incredible, as was Walking Dead (no lie, I cried playing the end of season 2). I also gave the demo/first episode of Wolf Among Us, which was damn good too.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Indeed, I should have been more specific. While God of War or Spider-Man have enriching storylines (from what I understand), Telltale's focus was always rooted 100% in the storytelling. The result was always beautiful arcs with multiple branches, all equally compelling and fun to revisit. I was yet to start Walking Dead's final season, but I'm disheartened that it looks like it will never conclude.
    I really enjoyed the first season of Walking Dead, but, like all other things Walking Dead, it just got to the point where I wasn't interested anymore.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I really enjoyed the first season of Walking Dead, but, like all other things Walking Dead, it just got to the point where I wasn't interested anymore.
    I felt this very way over the comics. I guess I latched onto the game because there always seemed to be an unspoken end in sight. I invest in things much easier when I know it's not an indefinite serial, myself.

Back to Telltale itself for a moment, I'm reading more and more the terrible conditions the programmers endured towards the end of the studio's run. Never be a sucker for the "it's a privilege to work here" mentality, folks. Get paid for your overtime.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Batman game looked good, but the Game of Thrones game was dull, having played it. It didn't actually feel like you were in a real environment, it just felt like you were at some tourist attraction of Game of Thrones. It's something even the TV show itself has had issues with once they caught up with the books.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is there a seperate WWE 2k thread or do I just check in here to be informed of the inevitable disappointment

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Happy to see that Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is getting great reviews from almost all sources. I have to admit that I'm just about Assassin's Creed full and I was contemplating actually not picking this one up, but after reading and watching several great reviews for the game, I'm going to have to give it a go. Apparently it's very very long so it just might keep me busy until Red Dead 2.

Thread Information