Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Backlash 2018 - When 2 Become 1

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE Backlash 2018 - When 2 Become 1

Hey, its better than the best of both worlds...

Welcome to the climax of the post-Mania fallout. We've had the Shakeup. We've witnessed the Saudi Arabian detour. Now we're preparing the Backlash which marks the beginning of the return of the dual branded PPV era!

The Main Stories

Shinsuke Nakamura is a bad man. He has rearranged AJ Styles poor bollocks no less than six times on television (Christ knows how many house shows too), across three countries and two continents. Now he finally gets his ultimate opportunity to claim the WWE Championship, in a match where the Australian uppercut he's grown so fond of is perfectly legal. But has AJ gotten wise to the act? I know babyfaces are dumb, but surely... Will we have Bret/Goldberg from WCW all over again, only this time with Shinsuke's forearm and AJ's Jesus zipper? Or is the King finally getting his coronation?

Meanwhile the man apparently next in line for the WWE Championship squares off against the perennial number one contender for the Universal Championship as Samoa Joe faces Roman Reigns. The two Samoan superstars plain don't like each other, Joe spitting absolute hot fire on the mic since coming back and Roman...well Roman's there too. Anyway, they get a chance to tear into one another physically for those all important bragging rights!

When Daniel Bryan was cleared to return, one of the premier questions on people's minds was who he would face in his first singles feud back. Would it be one of Owens & Zayn? Perhaps the long awaited titanic collision with the Miz? Perhaps a championship pursuit? How many would have said Big Cass? Well that's where we are. Cass hates Bryan for overshadowing metaphorically while he overshadows him physically. He was able to eliminate an exhausted Goat Faced Killah during the Greatest Royal Rumble. Can he make it two for two versus B-Dazzle, or does the feelgood comeback continue?

Midcard Mania
    Over on RAW Bobby Lashley & Braun Strowman have formed quite the hoss tandem. Their alliance has caused friction with the Canadian Connection of Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn and the two duos square off in a rematch from a fairly onesided conflict from two weeks ago. Speaking of repeat conflicts, Carmella's first defense of her SmackDown Women's Championship is the mandatory rematch versus Charlotte (Flair) - with Becky Lynch, Asuka and the Iiconics potentially get involved, expect a messy and far from clean affair. RAW's Women's title too is a rematch with Nia Jax defending against the ever entertaining Alexa Bliss. Will the Goddess recapture her throne...or will she just be smote by the giant Jax?

Rounding out the show are two midcard championship defenses as the Miz seeks to capture the Intercontinental Championship for the umpteenth (this would be a record equaller potentially I do believe) when he goes against Seth [Freakin'] Rollins. The latter is on a massive roll, having retained in dramatic fashion in Saudi Arabia and once again downed his constant rival Finn Balor. Can the A-Lister regain the title that has become synonymous with his name and rob RAW of its most prestigious gold (I said what?)? And in a blast from the past, Randy Orton challenges Jeff Hardy for a coveted championship. This is 2018 in case you were wondering. Can they create another moment of magic, or get anywhere near as exciting as this memorable moment?

We'll see...

2. Likes #AbsoluteUnit, ShinChan liked this post
    Nice shout out to the Spice Girls with the "2 Become 1" reference. I remembered it even before I saw the video, which is so sad that I'm tempted to go sit on the toilet with a pint of cookie dough ice cream and have a good cry....
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've turned a 180 on Braun. I actually like him. I hated him in 2017, but he's leaned on me. Yes, I realize this was completely random, but I don't care. Hopefully this is a good show.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    I've turned a 180 on Braun. I actually like him. I hated him in 2017, but he's leaned on me. Yes, I realize this was completely random, but I don't care. Hopefully this is a good show.
    That's what happened with a lot of us. Most of us were all set and ready to bury him and just hate him on some sort of principle but he just...I dunno, he clicked. For me, I feel a lot of it came due to the fact that he's a genuinely hard worker that wanted to learn, improve, wasn't lazy and still wants to better himself. He wasn't just some big muscle guy who thought WWE would be just an easy pay day and he's made the most out of whatever opportunities have been given to him. Personally, I feel he should be Universal Champion right now.

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    That's what happened with a lot of us. Most of us were all set and ready to bury him and just hate him on some sort of principle but he just...I dunno, he clicked. For me, I feel a lot of it came due to the fact that he's a genuinely hard worker that wanted to learn, improve, wasn't lazy and still wants to better himself. He wasn't just some big muscle guy who thought WWE would be just an easy pay day and he's made the most out of whatever opportunities have been given to him. Personally, I feel he should be Universal Champion right now.
    Cool. I just prefer him as a baby face.

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    i completely forgot this ppv existed

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

12. Likes Spidey, ShinChan liked this post
    I'm glad that the main card is only scheduled for 3 hours. I'd initially heard that it was going to be 4 hours, as would all shows going forward, but the 4th hour is a post show. I'm against making every ppv some damned marathon.

Conan Of Cimmeria

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Cool. I just prefer him as a baby face.
    There are reports going around that Lesnar vs. Strowman is "one of two options" being considered for Lesnar's opponent for the Money in the Bank show. Don't know how true it is, of course, but if there's anything to it, you have to think that Roman Reigns is one of those options. Whether it's Reigns or Strowman, and I most definitely prefer the Strowman option, one of them needs to unseat Lesnar this time around. I don't think a lot of people are at all enthused about Lesnar vs. Reigns IV considering that II and III were such dismal failures and Strowman's the hottest babyface on the red brand right now so If Lesnar is going to drop it, I honestly feel Strowman is the one he should drop it to.

Conan Of Cimmeria

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Iconics trolling is awesome.

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can’t be bothered to give a fuck about anything Bayley does.

20. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information