Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smackdown Live 1/8 - Lynch vs Flair vs Carmella

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Maybe it's just me, but not one wrestler tonight has came off as genuine during their promo. Everything feels fake. The best stories are the ones that feel real even though you know they're not, and I haven't come close to feeling that tonight.

Edit - Excluding Daniel Bryan

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Becky Lynch, but she's a given

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Becky Lynch should still be champion. Yes that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Charlotte. Let Becky focus on the Rumble and let Asuka rectify her Mania loss.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is Charlotte more ...buoyant than last week?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Charlotte. Let Becky focus on the Rumble and let Asuka rectify her Mania loss.
    Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Becky Lynch should still be champion. Yes that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
    Then there'd be no reason for Becky to go after Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania. Of course, WWE could go the route of making one women's division and one tag team division, so Becky and Ronda could have a unification match at WrestleMania but Vince doesn't want to do that as he's got it in his head that more of everything always equals better.

Becky will face Asuka at the Rumble but she'll lose, almost certainly due to some sort of interference from Ronda Rousey. This potentially sets up Asuka vs. Charlotte for WrestleMania and Becky vs. Ronda which, let's be honest, are easily the two biggest money matches for the women's division right now.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but not one wrestler tonight has came off as genuine during their promo. Everything feels fake. The best stories are the ones that feel real even though you know they're not, and I haven't come close to feeling that tonight.

Edit - Excluding Daniel Bryan
    It can be extremely hard to come off as genuine when you're not allowed to use your own words. Everything in WWE is simply too corporate, to restricted because Vince is so friggin' desperate to have a very particular image of WWE. He's the multi-billionaire, which means he thinks he knows better than everyone else and doesn't have to listen to anybody, which is a MASSIVE contributing factor, maybe the single biggest factor, for all of the problems in WWE that have been around for so long. The rest of the wrestling world is changing but, ironically, Vince isn't.

Unless you're a very, very, very select few wrestlers in WWE, you don't have a minute fraction of the creative input that stars of 15 to 20 years ago had. The only way that Bryan is able to do such great promo work now is because he actually had to have it in his contract to have "reasonable" creative input in whatever he does. Reasonable can be a very broad term but Bryan didn't want to have to worry about being put in embarrassing situations: allegedly, WWE's atrocious handling of Sami Zayn, especially the segment featuring Bobby Lashley's "sister" was one of the major reasons Bryan wanted some degree of creative control in his contract before he'd sign it. If Bryan sounds genuine, it's probably because he's using a lot of his own words and drawing from his own imagination. Bryan is a genuine envioronmentalist and, to some degree, probably believes in a lot of what he's been saying. One of the easiest people in the world to dislike is a self-righteous, douchebag environmentalist because their personality is so offensive and off putting that it completely overshadows their message or any good they try to accomplish. Bryan knows this, he probably even knows people who're exactly like that, and he's making it work to his advantage.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Smackdown
    Date: January 8, 2019
    Location: Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Auditorium, Jacksonville, Florida
    Commentators: Corey Graves, Byron Saxton, Tom Phillips

We’re getting closer to the Royal Rumble and that means a few more matches need to be announced. One of those is the Smackdown Women’s Title match, which will be set tonight. This week will see Charlotte, Carmella and Becky Lynch facing off in a triple threat match with the winner getting the shot at Asuka later this month. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

They've Always Had It

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information