Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NBA Discussion

We had a pretty good NBA discussion thread back on WZ, let's keep it going.

Who do you have for Rookie of the Year?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fultz.

By the way, I hate Houston and Toronto.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I really hate James Harden and the Rockets. I just want them to lose and I'd like to see a healthy OKC vs. a healthy Golden State in a playoff match-up.

Ben Simmons is easily the Rookie of the Year, yes?

Not a big NBA fan these days honestly but I try to keep up and will definitely catch some playoff action.

And let me just say again, I hate James Harden.

4. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Fultz.

By the way, I hate Houston and Toronto.
    I hope you're joking about Fultz.

I used to hate Houston. Now I'm fairly indifferent. I'd actually take them over GSW or OKC at this point. Don't know how you can hate the Raptors, they're the lil' engine that could in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    I really hate James Harden and the Rockets. I just want them to lose and I'd like to see a healthy OKC vs. a healthy Golden State in a playoff match-up.

Ben Simmons is easily the Rookie of the Year, yes?

Not a big NBA fan these days honestly but I try to keep up and will definitely catch some playoff action.

And let me just say again, I hate James Harden.
    I'm with you on Ben Simmons. I think Mitchell over in Utah deserves a shout, he's a scoring machine, but the way Ben Simmons is able to see the game is INCREDIBLE for a rookie. I'm thinking he has the potential to be a once in a generation type player.

6. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hope you're joking about Fultz.

I used to hate Houston. Now I'm fairly indifferent. I'd actually take them over GSW or OKC at this point. Don't know how you can hate the Raptors, they're the lil' engine that could in my eyes.
    Doesn't matter why I can hate the Raptors. I just do not like them. They will always be the team that comes up short. Every year. Boston or Cleveland will prove how much Toronto is a choke artist and said teams will win the Eastern Conference championship.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Now might be a bad time to bring up that I have Harden figured for MVP. I think LeBron SHOULD win it, but I think Harden will.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    Now might be a bad time to bring up that I have Harden figured for MVP. I think LeBron SHOULD win it, but I think Harden will.
    I think Harden wins it as well (although I HOPE LeBron gets the Tom Brady treatment from the voters).

However, if Harden wins MVP and then the Rockets get their asses handed to them in the playoffs... that'll be pretty sweet.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Really it could go either way for ROTY but I’m backing Simmons as well. I think obviously he averaged more in every other stat apart from points, but the reason why I pick Simmons is I think his contribution to Philly is more important than Mitchell’s when Utah is fully healthy. The East is weak and I know guys like Embiid/Reddick/Covington/good bench is part of is a lot of help as well, but 4th in the east is a hell of an effort for a team that were complete jokes for prettt much the last 5 years and Simmons is a major part of that. Very close but give it to the Aussie.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lebron second half of the season has been out of this world but surely Harden is a lock and can’t be edged out. His team is first in the league, not that I like giving the MVP to the best team but if Harden wasn’t on this team would they be better than the Clippers? Harden has put up numbers all year, he got a 40 point 15 assist game like just last week. James is definitely out shining Harden since the all star break but that’s not saying Harden isn’t playing out of this world. If Lebron played like this the whole year and he didn’t go on a 19 game stretch where he had the worst plus/minus (again, it’s a pretty shit stat but also pretty telling for the best player in the world, their team wasn’t performing) in the league then I’d probably edge him over Harden, but Harden I thought should’ve won it last year and I think it was rough for him to not get it the year before as well when the Warriors went 73-9, Klay and Green were equally important to Warriors success that year but Curry just hit the big 3s. If anything just give it tin harden this year so it’s not another Kobe situation where they win it the year when they probably shouldn’t of.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ben Simmons is really, really, really good.

Thread Information