Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Of all the old games out there, I was there was an update to EWR. Not a roster update and not TEW, but an actual update to EWR. TEW is just too complicated to sit down and play casually.
    I think I have discussed this topic with you (or someone forum related) and it is spot on. TEW can be downright overwhelming. It has a ton of features, which is great for some people, but sometimes some of the basic stuff you need to build a roster is buried in a stream of menus. When the latest version, 2016, launched, I decided I was finally going to sit down, block off a weekend, and really try to advance in the game. By the time I had started my own fed and built the roster and was ready to run the first show, I was about three or four hours in and just felt burnt out.

The company that makes TEW, Greydog Software, makes some fairly solid sports simulation games but it seems like with each release they add more and more features that take the games from casual to hardcore. As much as it pains me and reminds me that I am getting older, I just don't have the time to sit and devote the time required to those types of games. It is a big reason why MMOs have basically fallen off my radar.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    God me too. I hate how TEW is set up. EWR is much more user-friendly, but immersion for me is a problem. I don't think we need a full list of things a superstar has in his arsenal like "Chain Wrestling" or "Puroresu" to get that effect for EWR, but something small like roster format, main screen format, or hell a longer upkeep on wrestlers' careers like lengthening that retirement time would be nice.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Traded for Monster Hunter World for Xbox One, pretty decent game so far. The most important part of the game (that's done really well) is the monster battles. The creature effects, music, weapons and graphics are fantastic. The story is subpar as is the characters. The Handler is over the top annoying and I'm only a few hours into the game. She came out on a mission with me, I wandered off to explore a cave when her character came to a point on the map where her cart reached the objective, she screamed for me to come and see it.....over and over and over and over again every 45 seconds to where I just said O.K FUCK I'll go there!!! Other than that, good game so far, digging the variety of weapons in the game that caters to every type of player.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So I recently ran across Borderlands 1, 2, and the Pre-Sequal at Gamestop and since it was buy 2 used games get one free I got them all. Is the Borderlands series any good?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Borderlands 1 and 2 are phenomenal. You'll get at least 50 hours from BL1 and more on BL2 as it has an insane amount of post game content. Overall, on Steam I have over 90 hours in BL2. Both games are way better with friends.

The Pre-sequel is alright. It's a fun little game, but pales in comparison to the other two.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    So I recently ran across Borderlands 1, 2, and the Pre-Sequal at Gamestop and since it was buy 2 used games get one free I got them all. Is the Borderlands series any good?
    I thought the Borderlands I played (I believe it was 2) was overrated. It was the same game play (and in some cases, same maps) over and over, just with guns that have higher ratings against monsters who receive an increase in difficulty (meaning your new guns are as effective at the middle point of the game as your first guns were at the beginning of the game).

Borderlands 2 was fun, but only for a certain amount of time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I thought the Borderlands I played (I believe it was 2) was overrated. It was the same game play (and in some cases, same maps) over and over, just with guns that have higher ratings against monsters who receive an increase in difficulty (meaning your new guns are as effective at the middle point of the game as your first guns were at the beginning of the game).

Borderlands 2 was fun, but only for a certain amount of time.
    Yeah, I can get behind that criticism. 2 kept me engaged more than the others because of the quirks in the quests and good gunplay, but I did quickly get bored of playing through the game on Insane mode (or whatever it was called). Not because it was difficult, but because firefights took an eternity.

Good game, but not perfect. The first one is alright, but a bit boring. Not played much of the Pre-Sequel.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Origin Access Basic has added even more games, including Cities: Skylines. From all the reviews I've ever seen, Cities: Skylines is what SimCity should have been but wasn't. I've played Skylines for a while and it is very enjoyable. At this very moment, I'm playing one of the games they added, Mad Games Tycoon, where you create and grow a video game development company.

Additionally, it has now been announced Origin Access Premier (which will give access to the latest games, including Madden 19, FIFA 19, Battlefield 5, etc.) will debut this coming week (maybe even tomorrow). I've said it before and I'll say it again; Origin Access is a hell of a deal, regardless if you get the Basic ($5 a month or $30 for 12 months) or Premier package ($15 a month or $100 for 12 months).

Video game endings. They are supposed to be your reward for all of your hard work and dedication. Some games, Eye of the Beholder for example, give you an ending that's essentially a middle finger. Then there are some games that cause your jaw to drop with how wickedly awesome your experience becomes when you witness an ending that more than compensates you for your dedication.

The absolute greatest video game ending that I've ever seen was granted to me for completing an obscure DOS game called "Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight".

This game was very tedious and had a huge learning curve. You play as a knight who has to travel around a large map in an effort to find the Moonstone and return it to a sacred grove (Stonehenge).

The controls are stubborn as all hell. You can level up and have more hit points and do more damage, but you'll only start doing well when you learn how to cope with the clunky controls. A dragon will randomly fly across the map, and if he attacks you the battle is insanely difficult to win. Die, and you lose your accumulated items and wealth.

I remember losing my mind at how difficult this game was, but eventually I learned how to wreck every potential enemy (to include the dragon) and finessed it the first time I ever actually beat it.

The ending... blew... my... fucking... mind. Have a look:

You become A FUCKING CONSTELLATION!

I literally screamed "HOLY SHIT!" when I saw it for the first time, and it took a few weeks for it to fully sink in. The stars in the sky have existed since before our time and will exist long after we're gone. Essentially; you become a God. The absolute greatest ending I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have Madden '19 downloading now. I was thinking it wouldn't be available for a couple more days, but apparently it is good to download and play now. I have to go to town, but I plan to be playing by tonight. Should be fun...I hope! First Madden I've played since Madden 25.

Thread Information