Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Monday night because if you pre-ordered the gold edition you got an early release. I didn't pre-order it though, I simply went about an hour before pick-up and hung out and they said that if they had any after the pre orders got theirs then I could buy it so I did. It's not an exaggeration to say that this may be the best Assassin's Creed game ever. You'll hear a lot of people say that it's no longer an Assassin's Creed game but that's bullshit. You still have the core game play elements that made AC what it was. You still have the climbing mechanics, the stealth mechanics, and the climbing big/high things to synchronize mechanic. Other than that it has completely transformed into an open world RPG and it's all the better for it. I'm nowhere close to beating this game, but I can tell you, it's a damn fun ride and I've been enjoying it very much.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Monday night because if you pre-ordered the gold edition you got an early release. I didn't pre-order it though, I simply went about an hour before pick-up and hung out and they said that if they had any after the pre orders got theirs then I could buy it so I did. It's not an exaggeration to say that this may be the best Assassin's Creed game ever. You'll hear a lot of people say that it's no longer an Assassin's Creed game but that's bullshit. You still have the core game play elements that made AC what it was. You still have the climbing mechanics, the stealth mechanics, and the climbing big/high things to synchronize mechanic. Other than that it has completely transformed into an open world RPG and it's all the better for it. I'm nowhere close to beating this game, but I can tell you, it's a damn fun ride and I've been enjoying it very much.
    I gave up on Assassin's Creed before AC 3. I tried to play 3 and when I spend more time watching video than I do playing, then I just quit. Maybe this new one will have less watching and more playing?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Definitely not a lot of watching. Also, 90% of the cut scenes in the game have dialogue options and choices for one to make. Definitely keeps you interested.

I've been browsing some indy games on PSNOW. Here are a few reviews for your explicit enjoyment.

Dead Cells:

Click for Spoiler:
    I have a love and hate relationship with the game. It's fun to play, but probably the hardest game I've ever played and I still haven't completed it after playing for two months.

It's a throwback to the days of Metroid, Castlevania, and (to a larger extent) Ninja Gaiden.

The game starts simple enough, you're an undead ninja who has to hack through dungeons because... I honestly don't know. You start with mediocre weaponry, and pick up better weapons and accessories on your way to your eventual demise. The point of the game is to eventually master it in every way and thereby manage to eek by the insanely difficult final level and final boss. There are videos on YouTube showing how some people can absolutely trounce the game and look stylish while doing it.

For my own experience, I've broken one controller and swore to never play the game ever again on a few occasions. Of course, I end up coming right back to torture myself by trying to beat the game. For a game that only cost about $17, it's getting a Hell of a lot of my time.

My advice for the bosses of the game:

The Concierge
    Click for Spoiler:
    This guy has a very basic routine that can be figured out quickly. He starts by stomping slowly toward you, occasionally doing a ground sweep attack that can be avoided by jumping. Wait for his main attack to be telegraphed, and roll behind him and attack to chip away at his health. As his health wares down, he'll employ a new strategy where he'll surround himself with a force field that can harm you if you're near. Just wait out the force field and continue rolling behind him after he attacks and attack him from behind. At the half-way point, he'll use his ground sweep attack and immediately afterward he'll leap toward you. Jump over the ground sweep, and roll past him when he leaps toward you. At this point, he doesn't pull out anything new.

Conjunctivius
    Click for Spoiler:
    This asshole, I tell you what. He floats around the arena, so melee attacks are basically useless unless you can trap him with a wolf trap. Wolf traps are an essential accessory for this battle, not just because they can hold Conjunctivius in place, but also because they hold his tentacles in place. After losing a quarter of his health, everytime he loses a quarter of his health, you'll have to fight his tentacles that are embedded in the ground. They're not that difficult to avoid and defeat, except that there will be one that rushes across the screen and can be very hard to avoid. Wolf traps hold the rushing tentacle in place so you can easily wail away at it. Another good item is the kunai blades, as you can continually whip them at him while he floats around and also cause bleeding.

It's a long battle for me no matter how good I do, I recommend only going through the path to fight this boss if you have to to obtain a specific rune. Later on, just stomp past the Conceirge and avoid this asshole.

The Time Keeper:
    Click for Spoiler:
    Holy shit, this is a tough ass boss. Oh and, this is a female character by the way. So yeah, you're getting your ass kicked by a girl 90% of the time that you fight The Time Keeper.

So, she will launch some shurikens in all directions and immediately toss a grappling hook at you. The hook can be avoided, or parried if you're that good, but 9 times out of 10 it catches me. If you jump or roll at the wrong split second, instead of avoiding the grappling hook it will catch you (even in midair). When you get pulled in, you're held in place and she'll hit you three times with her sword. If you have a shield (which I almost never have), then you can parry her attacks even through you're held in place. Parrying attacks still incurs some damage though.

My strategy? Be a cheap ass bitch. In the game you can obtain two accessory items, and the game allows you to have two of the same item if you so wish. There are two items, the sinew slicer and the double crossbow-o-matic. They sit in place, have a health bar of their own, and constantly launch projectiles at enemies that are nearby. I get one of each, or two of the same of either item before this fight. The AI will sometimes get confused, and the Time Keeper will focus attacks on these accessories. In the meantime while those items are chipping away at The Time Keeper's health, I stay as far away from that psycho as I possibly can.

That's right, I win the fight by avoiding it at all costs.

The Hand of the King:
    Click for Spoiler:
    Fuck this asshole. I have only made it to him a few times, because the level before getting to him is fucking ridiculous. Enemies can launch projectiles to hit you no matter where you are in proximity to them, enemies can stab through platforms and solid walls to hit you, and one enemy in particular does this tornado attack where you have to wait for him to finish as at that point nothing can hit him and you're fucked if you get sucked in.

Pits will open with spikes, and The Hand will rush at you to knock you into the pit. This sounds easy to avoid, but I'm telling you, this fucker gets me EVERY god damned time. I either roll too soon or too late, and he shoves me right into the spikes. I haven't even made it to the second of four phases of this battle, so I'd greatly appreciate any tips from anyone on here who has finessed the game.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter:
    Click for Spoiler:
    I had some fun playing this as I was constantly making wisecracks that the main character was EC3, and he was trying to find his grandfather.

This game is a bit like one of my favorite games of all time, The Witness. You wander around solving puzzles, not really certain of what you're doing or what your goal is. The puzzles in this game are difficult to locate however, and you have to trek until the near end of the game map before you find a map that shows you where all the puzzles are located.

This game was more annoying for me. You don't unravel a mystery in this game, you just find random occurrences that make absolutely no sense, and you eventually realize that they weren't meant to make sense.

So... here's the spoiler for why this game isn't supposed to make sense:
    Click for Spoiler:
    You're in the dying dream of a young child. Everything you experience in the arboreal coastal environment is meant to represent his feelings toward his abusive family in some vague symbolic manner.

I believe that the developers built a map with odd puzzles, and incorporated the story (or lack of a story more like) at the last minute to give the game some amount of depth.

If you have a few hours to kill and want to get your mind off of something else, try this one. You won't feel great for beating the game, you'll get a sense of "Hmm, how about that." The best thing I can say about it is that it will likely help clear your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Got Red Dead Redemption 2 last Friday when it came out. I'm not anywhere close to finishing the game because the game is vast and long, however, I'm going to go right ahead and say that it is a once in a generation game.

The amount of detail that Rockstar has put into this game is nothing short of amazing. Let me give some examples. You can interact/talk to every single NPC that's in the game. Every single one. Some you just say howdy to, some you just tip your hat to, but most you can actually carry on a conversation with. Those NPCs also remember events that happened. For example, if you have a fight with someone in the middle of town and a little while later you try to chat up a NPC, they'll likely say something along the lines of, "You're that feller that beat such n such half to death aren't you? I don't want any trouble mister...". Your character's hair grows in the game just as it would in real life. If you go a week in the game without shaving you'll clearly see the difference on your character. So, you don't just pick one hairstyle to wear throughout the game. You have to make sure your character eats. If he doesn't he'll start to lose weight and get sick which will lower his health. You have to make sure your horse is taken care of. It has to be fed, cleaned, etc. Your character also has to clean himself. If you go a week in the game without a bath, the NPCs will begin to talk to you and treat you differently. You have to dress your character according to the weather. When you hunt and skin an animal you actually skin the animal. It doesn't just happen off screen. The weather doesn't just change all at once like in other open world games. If there's a storm coming you can see it off in the distance getting closer and closer and while the storm is going on the whole sky doesn't just turn grey. There'll be dark clouds, white clouds, grey clouds, and as they move around, you can see the sun peaking through them. When you go into a shop to buy stuff, you don't just talk to the merchant and pick what you want to buy. You can go from shelf to shelf and actually pick up the items you're interested in and buy them. When you loot houses, you actually open cabinets, drawers, etc and root around in them to find things. When you loot dead enemies, you actually go through their pockets. You can hunt, fish, play poker, dominos, ride a train, rob a train, rob a stagecoach, rob any npc, etc etc.

There are dynamic side quests in the game. For example you'll be riding from camp to a town and all of a sudden you'll hear someone call out for help, or you'll hear gun shots off in the distance, or you'll see a camp fire off somewhere. When events like these happen they're a blast to explore because it makes it seem like you're a person in a living breathing world. Plus, they usually have great rewards as well. If you have a bounty on you in a certain area, when you return to that area bounty hunters will hunt you down or sometimes the law will. I haven't even gotten to the story yet, which so far is amazing.

This is game probably has GOTY on lock and for good reason. This year has been amazing with all the high quality games coming out one right after another. I don't remember a time period like this where so many great games came out so close to each other. I hope that this is something that can keep happening every year. Anyways, if you're thinking of getting RDR2, do it. If you're not thinking of getting it, you're wrong, get it. It's worth every single penny.
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 10-31-2018 at 02:31 PM.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Two problems I've seen already with Red Dead Redemption:

1) It's not on PC

2) It seems like there is a LOT of time where you're not actually really playing anythign. Not a fan of those games.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yes, I'm late to the party, but how is WWE 2K19?
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Two problems I've seen already with Red Dead Redemption:

1) It's not on PC

2) It seems like there is a LOT of time where you're not actually really playing anythign. Not a fan of those games.
    There is a lot of time where you're not actually doing anything but riding or such, but it deminishes as the game goes on. It's really bad at the beginning but it gets better.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So I purchased Fire Pro Wrestling World the other day and am having a blast. Right now, I'm working on setting up my own promotion with a mixed roster of older workers and current workers (though mostly older).

Anyone else play this game?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had downloaded a bunch of the workshop wrestlers. A mix of current stars and guys from the 80s and 90s I like, plus a handful of the MMA fighters and goofy celebrities. Not sure what happened but Steam deleted all my mods for the game so I have to start over. It's fun. Creating my own characters took a lot of time, which is a big reason I haven't jumped back in, but I had my own fed and everything. Its a lot of fun to just sit back and watch your characters have it it sometimes.

Thread Information